Part 9: Mia

Playlist: Any Other Way by We The Kings –Someone Like You by The Summer Set – Summer Girl by Family of the Year – Made in the USA by Demi Lovato – I’d Lie by Taylor Swift – Catch Me by Demi Lovato

(FLASHBACK)

“That was the best pizza I have ever had.” I exclaimed as we walked together to my car (which he was driving, might I add). I could feel his arm brushing mine as we walked side by side through the parking lot.

“I told you!” He replied, his face adorned with a proud smile as he unlocked the car and opened the door for me.

A few days ago, after we had hung out at the beach, Ashton had presented his case of why he deserved a chance at a date. His strongest arguments? He was sorry for dumping me into the ocean and he knew where to get the best pizza in all of LA. I couldn’t help but cave in and say yes, even if that wasn’t something I would normally do.

I watched him as he ran in front of the car towards the driver’s seat, his black t-shirt clinging to his biceps as he did. His phone was already in his hand ready to plug it in because my car radio was crap, instead I quickly grabbed it before he had a chance to take control of the music.

“I’m in charge of the music now.” I told him teasingly with a grin and plugged in my own, his safely out of reach for the remainder of the car ride back to the hotel.

“Are you going to start playing Katy Perry and Taylor Swift?” He asked, his nose scrunching up as he pulled out of the car park.

“Can you trust my music taste, please?” I teased him, searching through my music library for something good. Something that would impress mister punk rock and show him that you didn’t need to be a musician to know about music.

“Is it the same as your friend Heather? When we went to the beach all she did was play songs from musicals.” He pointed out.

“Musicals are very cultural, you know?” I countered, earning a smirk from him.

“You like them, don’t you?” He teased, glancing over at me with his hazel eyes.

“Like them? Are you kidding me? I love them!” I gave him a toothy grin before I looked down to continue my search.

“Oh God, you’re going to play musical songs too!” He huffed cutely, pretending to be all upset about it.

“No, now shush!” I murmured, as I opened up my We The Kings. My brows furrowing as I read through the song list, trying to make a choice. I could feel his eyes on me every few seconds, the silence in the car obvious since he had obeyed me.

Almost instantly the car was filled with the sound of Any Other Way playing, volume going up a notch or two after I had pressed play. My eyes instantly falling to him as I saw him taking in the words, the rhythm, the style…

When the song had reached about a minute and a half, I noticed his fingers begin to twitch against the staring wheel before he began to drum them against the soft leather.

“You like it.” I pointed out with a proud grin.

“Fine, I’ll admit it! I like it.” He said as he flashed a grin my way.

The remainder of the car ride was spent with me introducing him to new bands he had never heard and the two of us singing along to All Time Low. I had never felt so free and relaxed in my life. Let alone, comfortable with a stranger. I realized he was a normal teen like me. He liked pizza, watching films and singing along to his favorite bands.

“I don’t want you to go yet.” He murmured as we walked through the lobby. “I still have a few bands I want you t listen to.” I chuckled softly and shook my head.