Part 6: Ashton

Playlist: Don’t by Ed Sheeran – Why by Second Hand Serenade – Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer – Too Much by All Time Low – Let Me Go by 3 Doors Down

Three hours.

Three hours inside a room.

Three whole hours in a room that did not have any windows.

A room that was colder than he would of liked. A room filled with people who pretended to know him and his friends better than they knew themselves. A room with a long wooden table where they discussed something that was supposed to be important. Or so he assumed…

It was like a prison in there; but not a greater prison that the one he put himself in mentally.

Ashton sat there, pretending he was listening. Pretending he cared. Nodding his head when it was necessary. Asking generic questions when the attention was directed towards him.

The boys knew him. They knew he was putting up an act. They had no clue of the things that had happened but they must have known something was up. In the end, could they really blame him? He was only there for them. They meant the world to him and he would never do anything to let them down. He couldn’t let her get in the way of that.

There it was again… His thoughts just kept finding their way to her time and time again.

It had been two days.

Forty-eight hours since the last time he had seen her. Since he had closed the door before he could watch her leave. Since he had held her in his arms. Since they had shared the bed in which he had made her his.

He had almost called her the night before. Desperate to hear her voice, to know what she was doing, where she was and who she was with… Know if she was still staying at the hotel or if she had left all together.

She was smart; he knew she was very aware of how things would play out between them. And still, she had allowed it all to happen. She never questioned it, never doubted him or hesitated… Why hadn’t she? Had she been playing him as well?

Thoughts like this overwhelmed him, angered him even. Suddenly he was on his feet, chair scratching on the floor as a consequence of his sudden movement.

Everyone had stopped talking.

Everyone was looking at him.

Confusion, worry and surprise written in everyone’s expression as his eyes looked around the room.

“I’m done…” He said, his tone flat as he grabbed his bag from the floor and his phone from the table. Calum was on his feet by the time he had reached the door, excusing himself and telling everyone to continue and that they would be right back. Boy needed to be crazy if he thought they would both be walking back into that room.

Calum was fast, so he knew he wasn’t getting away but still he tried. He couldn’t run though, it would alarm the people in the building too much but he tried to move his feet as fast as he could before Cal’s hand grabbed his arm and stopped him from going down the stairs.

“This attitude of yours has got to stop, pal.” He said, he was serious. Calum was a goofy guy, he liked  to have fun. He was a great listener and was always there for anyone if they ever needed to cheer up. But right now, Ashton knew even his mate was upset with him. Welcome to the club, he thought to himself.

“What attitude?” Ashton replied, arm breaking free from his hold and crossing over his chest. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I just don’t give a damn about merchandise or expanding our whatever!” He was annoyed. He was a grown up, did he really need to explain himself when he decided to leave a room?