Part 37: Ashton

It had taken her a while to reply to his message. Ashton had even thought she had entirely blown him off and was already catching a shower to go to dinner with the guys. They weren't going to do anything extravagant. Luke was still pretty much out of it. He spent most of the time texting on his phone or talking to Liz or to April's mother. So Calum had thought they could go to the hotel buffet.

Just as Ashton stepped out of the shower, he saw his phone light up with a text notification. He instantly felt his heart do a small leap when he saw 'Mia browneyes' across the screen. He almost dropped his phone when he tried to read it. All she had sent was a simple 'yes' with a smiley face but that was enough for him.

He had thrown on a green hoody and black skinny jeans before he headed out the door. He didn't even stop to tell the guys he was going. Just screamed out he was going to dinner with Mia. And here he was, one short uber drive to her dorm.

"Excuse me," Ashton said as he bumped into a girl who was coming out of the dorm building. She stumbled a few steps, but caught herself.

A few papers flew out of her hands and began to scatter over the sidewalk. Ashton didn't hesitate to bend down and begin to help her pick them up. She was fuming at the fact he had bumped into her. Worse, that he had disrupted her neat pile of flyers.

"You know, you should really watch where you're goi-," her hands were on her hips as she stood back up ready to pick a fight, but her words cut short as she stared at him, her eyes growing wide. "You're Ashton Irwin..."

Fuck...

Ashton cursed mentally as he looked at his watch and back at the girl.

"Yeah, I am. I'm here picking up a friend," he said.

"Oh my God! What are you doing here?" She asked. He could literally see her entire body begin to shake. She was one of those fans...

"Why do you think Court! He's here for Mia," a second girl said as she joined them.

"Oh dear! So it's true. I didn't want to believe it, but everyone said it really was her. She's the girl from LA isn't she? Mia is your mystery girl?" The words were stumbling out of her mouth and Ashton wasn't sure if she was talking to him or to the girl who had just joined them.

"I can't believe we live next to Ashton Irwin's mystery girl!" The second girl continued to ramble on, taking a few steps closer to Ashton and whipping out her phone. "Courtney take a picture of us! Better yet take a selfie of all of us."

They didn't even ask for permission as Courtney opened up the phones camera app and began to snap pictures of them. The fact that they were still standing at the entrance was catching a bit of attention of them. So much for a quiet night between him and Mia, he thought.

"I should really get going," Ashton said, trying to move away as a few other girls started to show up. They in unison began to protest, but he tried his best to make his way across the hallway until he reached Mia's bedroom.

"Are you guys going on a date?"

"Are you two still an item?"

"Oh my gosh I ship it!"

"They'd have cute babies together, wouldn't they Sarah?"

He let out a shaky breath as the distance muffled their voices. He ran a hand over his hair before he raised it to knock on the door, but before he could it swung open. Her friend Will looked surprised to see him there.

"Sorry... I was just leaving," Will said softly. He avoided eye contact as he made his way past Ashton to leave.

Ashton gave Mia a quizzical look as she stood in front of the mirror fixing her braid. She wore her short overalls with a white crop top underneath. Definitely not the type of outfit you would be wearing to go out to dinner.