Part 16: Mia

Playlist: I Miss You (cover) by 5 Seconds of Summer, Kiss me by Ed Sheeran, Mr. Right by A Rocket to the Moon, Words by Skylar Grey, Everything I Wanna Do by Nickelback, Friends by Ed Sheeran, Any Other Way by We The Kings, Better Than Drugs by Skillet, All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol, Sleeping with a Friend by Neon Trees

(FLASHBACK)

I watched him as he set up his drum set on stage, his face creasing with lines just above his eyebrows as he did everything with absolute concentration. I sat in the middle of the floor just in front of the stage. Their gig tomorrow would be completely standing room, so the floor was completely cleared creating this wonderful echo in the venue.

“I can’t concentrate if you’re staring at me.” Ashton mumbled the words, not even glancing up at her as he spoke. He was really engulfed into things he loved, which was one of the reasons she was so attracted to him.

“I’m not staring.” I replied, a huge grin taking over my face as I clearly continued to watch him. I could see as the corners of his mouth lifting into a smile as well but he didn’t look my way still.

“It sure feels like staring.” He countered.

“Well… Your sixth sense is wrong. No surprise, boys aren’t very good at that sorta thing.” I teased him, his eyes narrowing at me as he turned his head to look at me this time.

“You sure do look like you’re staring though.” He told me, raising an eyebrow. I could see the amusement in his eyes as he looked at me, the intensity of his piercing eyes making something inside of me stir with excitement as well.

“Well, yeah… I am looking at you now because you are clearly talking to me.” I told him, not ready to admit I was staring after all.

“You think you’re real clever, huh?” He teased, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand before he stood up and began to make his way towards me.

“I do think so but it feels now to be reassured.” I told him, my eyes intently watching every step he took.

“I wasn’t, though.”

“It sure sounded like you were.” I added.

“Who’s wrong now?” He teased. He was standing right in front of me now, his hands held out front to help me get up. “Come on, I want to show you something.” He added as I took his hands and let him lift me off the ground.

“What do you want to show me?” I asked.

“Patience, little Mia. Why do you always want the answers too soon?” He murmured into my ear as he wrapped his arm around my waist. The simple contact of his body against mine was making my heart race.

“Because I’m always curious and don’t enjoy surprises.” I told him, leaning my head against his shoulder for a moment as he led me onto the stage.

“Trust me.” He simply said as he led me towards his drum set. He took a seat on the stool first and pulled me onto his lap. He thrusted the drum sticks into my hands but held onto them before he started playing through me. The movements weren’t as smooth as they usually are when he plays on his own but slowly I let go of my own body and allowed him to be in control.

I could feel his breath tickling my neck as he continued to play, my eyes closing and concentrating on the beat he was creating. My eyes instantly blinked open as I recognized the song he was playing; Any Other Way by We the Kings. It had been the song I had played him in the car after our first date.

I could feel his smirk against my skin as he realized that I recognized the song. “It’s become one of my favorites.” He informed me as he stopped playing, slowly turning me onto his lap so I was straddling him.