Why Do We Even Have Dreams?

(Chapter 23)

This sucks! No scratch that! Dreams suck!

I was almost 90% sure, that all that really happened!

It was just so real!

Every piece of it felt so perfect.

Like someone had finally stitched my heart back together again.

It was no longer shattered.

There was no longer, what felt to be a hole in the middle of my chest anymore.

I was happy again.

The softness, the tenderness of his lips felt so wonderful against mine.

I had been longing for the touch of them for so long, to be able to hear his voice again, to see him smile.

But it was just a dream...

From taking Darcy to go seeing her daddy, to Harry waking up and being absolutely fine.

Darcy's still up in her room, and I must have fallen asleep when I was thinking about the first big fight Harry and I had.

I just can't get the fact that it was all just a dream, out of my head!

Even Harry thinking to himself, the way he described everything that was going on around him, the way he said he was conscious the whole time didn't seem like I was the one thinking that whole thing up.

It just really felt like it was really coming from Harry.

Who knows though.

Maybe Harry really is conscious of his surroundings, that he maybe asleep from the outside, but from the inside... he's awake.

I was still laying on the couch, looking out at the window as I did before, all these different thoughts going through my mind.

What's this? The day of flashbacks??

I've had two memories today consisting of Harry's and I's past.

One that made my life what it is today, and the other... well, let's just that was the downfall of our relationship.

And I could already feel more thoughts and memories wanting to repeat themselves again, but I decided before I let them, I should probably call the hospital and check up on how my husband is doing.

I got up from the couch, stretched out my arms and scratched my head, and went over to the kitchen to where my phone was charging.

It took about ten seconds for someone to finally pick up.

"This is the Royal London Hospital. How can I help you?"

It was weird.

The woman talking on the other line sounded like the same lady from my dream when Darcy and I visited Harry.

Oh well... maybe I've seen her from my many, earlier visits to the hospital.

"Ummmm... Yes. This is Shailene Styles and I was calling to see how my husband is doing."

Even though we've been married for a while now, it still sounds very strange to say my last name is now 'Styles'.

"Sure. What room number is he in?", the woman at the other end of the phone said.

"He's in room 1201."

"Okay ma'am. Well, according to the computers files, there is nobody that's currently in 1201. Maybe you got the room number wrong?"

"What?? No. I'm positive he's in THAT room! I've been going to that same room for weeks! I think I would remember it."

My voice didn't sound like yelling.

It was more of a really worried cracking sound, sort of.

"I'm sorry ma'am. Maybe they recently moved him. I'll call the nurses upstairs to see what's going on okay? Please hold."

And I could hear the click of the phone followed by that annoying jazz/elevator music.

I know I always end up worrying too much on something that really isn't a big deal, so I did my usual 'count to ten' thing, and tried to stay calm.

But, if the lady was right about Harry not being in that room anymore, why didn't anyone call to tell me?

Did they just recently move him and just hadn't had time to call me?

But what if they moved him because something bad happened?

Like when he went into cardiac arrest a few days after he got here?

What if he's in serious danger again??

My counting to ten and taking deep breaths wasn't working for me today.

I was starting to hyperventilate by the time the lady came back on the line.

"Ma'am, I'm afraid to say that your husband is in a very critical state right now. That's why they moved him to different room. He needs to be watched 24/7."

"What do.. do you mean...nn... he's in 'crii-tiii-cal state'! He's been like that since the stupid accident!"

My voice was no longer calm and anger took over the hyperventilation until I just sounded like I was screaming.

The woman sounded like she was getting annoyed with me, but at the same time felt pity for me...

"Listen Mrs. Stlyes, there's no need for yelling okay? I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now, but you need to stay calm. Doctor Phelm and the nurses are doing everything in their power to keep him going."

"But what happened that made them switch him to a different room?!", I said a bit more calm. Not really.

"Well dear...", she said as if there was nothing really wrong happening.

She said she can't imagine how I'm feeling, but it's like she doesn't even care.

Maybe it's just because I'm so scared and angry, that I'm taking it out on this lady.

"It appears he's had several seizures in the past 24 hours, but like I said, the doctors are well aware of what to do and are doing everything they can to keep him alive."

This didn't help me at all.

I wish I didn't call.

At least I would've been somewhat happy.

Oh what am I kidding... I'm glad I called!

If anything happens to Harry, I want to be the first to know.

I'm just mad at the fact that I had to call for myself and no one had the heart to call me and tell me!

But I just kept those thoughts and comments to myself and shakily answered the woman back.

"Ok-kkay. Do you know if it would be possible for me to go and see him?"

"I'm sorry sweetheart. He's not allowed any visitors at this time, but I will personally call you myself when it's allowed."

"Okay... thanks again."

As soon as I hung up the phone, it was like the first day of the accident happened all over again.

Because the next thing I remember is my head started feeling dizzy and all I saw was blackness...

*End of Chapter 23*

Guys make sure to follow my IG accounts: Personal is @bees_little_ocean and my 1D account is @welovehazza

50 votes and 50 comments maybe? :)

Oh and what's all your favorite songs from Take Me Home?? :)

And also tell me what you thought of this chapter :D