Denial and Confusion

(Chapter 9) *Present Time*

Do you know that feeling that you get when you see or hear something so shocking, you can't help but deny it.

Because that's how I feel this very second... I don't believe it... I mean, how could I???

Harry might be dead!! How????!

I just saw him a few hours ago! He was right here!, talking to me, holding me. He told me he loved me!! He said he would be back! He said he would be back for me! He said he would never leave me!! That he would never say goodbye!

So why?!! Why would he leave me behind like this?!! WHY? WHY? WHY?!!

I was still laying on the floor by the t.v. for god knows how long. Just laying there... not able to move, not able to hear, not able to speak.

I was like a dead nothing, useless and weak. I wasn't even crying. It was like my whole world had shattered and I was the one left alone to pick up the pieces...

I guess I was just in some sort of shock.

But I could care less about myself, I would just rather die right here, right now, and not have to deal with agony any longer.

But I had a good reason for wanting to die; because the love of my life is out there somewhere and I don't even know if he's alive or not.

'The love of my life', 'The love of my life', I was thinking to myself when all of a sudden it felt like a million jolts hit my entire body and I was suddenly able to speak and move again.

DARCY...

"Darcy?!!!", I cried out.

How could I be so selfish!!? How could I just lay there not caring at all about myself, when I have my little girl I have to think about!

She was still sitting at the kitchen table crying her eyes out screaming for mommy.

"Darcy!! Darcy, baby! I'm here! Mommy's here. It's ok. I got you!", I said as I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms.

How long was I out for?? How could I just leave Darcy by herself, knowing that this was going to have an affect on her life too, when she realizes that her daddy might not be coming home?!

I sat on the floor with her still cradled into my arms balling my eyes out. She stopped crying now that I was here with her, but she just laid there with me knowing I was upset.

I didn't say anything, neither did she.

What was I supposed to say to her?? How could I possibly tell a three year old what I had just saw?! And how could I tell her... When I didn't even believe it myself??

I know I had to get everything straightened out sooner or later, so I got up, went to the phone, and started to dial the number that could either make me leap for joy hearing good news that my husband was alive, or hearing the news that keep denying to myself that would have my entire world collapse forever...

*End of Chapter 9*



What's gonna happen next!!!? Is Harry alive??? Will Shailene and Harry ever be together again???

That's all in the next chapter!!!

So.... I'll post it first thing tomorrow IF: 

1. I have 3 new fans!

2. 5 votes!

3. And 10 new comments!!

So please vote and tell me if you like this story because I would really appreciate it.

Love ya and thanks alot! Jessie