Reunited

"Dad?" asked Sapphire, who had tagged along for the ride.

All the man did was grunt in response.

"Dad? Is that you?" she asked as worry coated her voice.

"Sapphire?" the man weakly replied. His voice was so raspy, you could hardly tell what he was saying.

"Dad!" Sapphire yelled as she broke out of Wyatt's grasp, and ran to her father who was sitting on the floor. She kneeled down next to him, and hugged him.

He groaned, "Too tight."

"Sorry Daddy," Sapphire said in a childish voice before she loosened her grip on her father.

She pulled back and looked at him,"I thought I'd never see you again! What did they do to you?"

She began to cry, as she hugged her father even more. Wyatt was soon down on his knees next to her, trying to calm her down.

"It doesn't matter what they did to me, I'm here now, sweetie."

I watched as the sight unfolded before me. Seeing this arose many questions that I was anxious to find the answers for. Why did he give me Wolf's Bane? Why is he here? Why didn't Ash kill him on mere sight?

Ash's P.O.V.

After I unlocked the cell, I wrapped an arm around my mate. I was still growling, and I felt as if I was going to shift any second. Hopefully touching Rain would calm me.

I felt Rain's body tense when he turned his head. This was why I didn't want her to come, but she was just so damm stubborn. I felt myself begin to shake as I tried not to shift.

"Dad?" Sapphire asked. My eyes widened in shock? Was Sapphire his daughter?

"Dad? Is that you?" she asked once more.

"Sapphire?" he asked, as if he was trying to make sure she was actually here.

"Dad!" she yelled before breaking out of her mate's arms and running over to him. I didn't know what to think. Was it a good thing I let him live for her? Part of me said 'yes' while the other part and my wolf said 'no'.

She kneeled down next to him, and hugged him.

He groaned, "Too tight."

"Sorry Daddy," Sapphire said in a childish voice before she loosened her grip on her father.

She pulled back and looked at him,"I thought I'd never see you again! What did they do to you?"

She began to cry, as she hugged her father once again. Wyatt was soon down on his knees next to her, trying to calm her down.

Carson, Rain, and I stood and watched the reunion. No one made a move or said anything, we just watched.

"It doesn't matter what they did to me, I'm here now, sweetie."

They sat on the floor hugging for a while. My sense of time was lost. I don't know how long it was, as I was lost in my own thoughts.

When they finally pulled away, he said,"As much as I would love to catch up with you, Sapph, I think I ought to talk to Alpha Ash before-hand." His voice was still raspy and quiet, but you could hear what he was saying.

He put his hand on the wall, and used it to help himself up. Once he was up on both feet, he swayed slightly.

"Carson, Wyatt, and Sapphire. You guys can go now. Carson, if you could please escort Rain upstairs, that would be great."

They all left, and once I heard the door open and close I knew I could talk without being eavesdropped on, but I also didn't want the guards to hear either.

"Come with me to my office. We will talk there."

He slowly followed me to an office I kept down here, that was just down the hall.

***

"Sit down." I couldn't help but be forceful. This man hurt my mate, he was lucky to be alive.

I sat down in a chair behind my desk. "Now, I'm going to ask you a few questions, and you are going to answer them truthfully. Make one wrong move or lie to me and I will have no problem with snapping your neck. Got it?"

He nodded. "First off, why did you give my mate Wolf's Bane?" I spat, amplifying the words 'my mate'.

He seemed hesitant for a second, "First they killed my mate. Then they took Sapphire. I couldn't let them kill her, too."

"Why did they first go after you?"

"I was a powerful man, Alpha. I may be a rouge, but I was the leader of a very large group that consisted of about 150 or so people. The government was desperate, they needed people. So they came after me."

I narrowed my eyes at him,"That's enough for now. You are dismissed. I will escort you back to your cell."

I walked him back to his cell, and locked him back up, "Lunch will be down soon." Surprisingly, I was treating him better than Rain's uncle was.

I made my way upstairs. Now, to spend some time with my mate

__________ 

A/N: okay so there is one more official chapter before the epilogue!!!!! Gosh!!! I can believe i'm almost done with my first book!!!

Updated today because of my amazing 15000 reads on this book!!! Thanks so much for sticking with me