The dance

The next few days were a blur, the girls and I had a blast hanging out with Ava, and by the time I knew it, it was already the day of the dance.

I left Ash in the room, and went into Aleesha's. The girls were already there and were running around frantically, or were getting their hair or make up done.

"Rain! Here, take your dress and put it on! The bathroom's right over there," Shebly squealed when I first entered.

I went to the bathroom quickly, and put my dress on. There were some laces in the back, that I needed help with. I opened the door and stuck my head out,"I need someone to help me!"  

Immediately Trixie rushed over and entered the bathroom.

"Um, could you lace me up?" I asked. In reply she started to do up my dress, while I held up the front.

"Okay, you're done!"

She had turned around and left, leaving me in the bathroom all alone, staring at myself in the mirror. I wondered how a beautiful dress like this, could even look good on me.

I stepped out of the bathroom, and everyone had stopped what they were doing, I heard something drop, and a shrill scream,"Ah! Aleesha! You dropped the straightener on me!" 

I saw her look down, and pick it up off of Shelby's lap,"Sorry," she mumbled.

"Rain, you look stunning!" Ava said to me as she rushed over and gave me a big hug. She pulled away quickly and smiled, she was no longer mad at me or jealous.

"Thanks so do you!" I replied honestly. She was wearing a nice shiny and silky purple strapless dress that went to her mid thigh, that bunched up near the end of the dress at the sides. Her light brown hair was curled, and her faint eyeliner made her blue eyes pop. 

Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Ava roughly. I was pushed into a seat, and I was looking at myself in a mirror,"Hair and makeup time!" Aleesha announced.  

I was told to close my eyes, and then I was attacked with a straightener and eyeliner.

I opened my eyes as they spun me around to look in the mirror. I looked at myself in awe, my hair was parted in two and swept to the sides of my face, and it was straightened just enough so that it took out the frizz. I was wearing a smidge of mascara, and eyeliner, with some clear gloss to match. It all looked good with the dress Trixie had gotten me when they went shopping.  

My dress was a strapless dress that went about mid thigh, it had red sequins at the top that went to the ribbon under my breasts. Then it flowed in a fluffy red sparkly-ish to the bottom.

"Oh my gosh! I don't have any shoes!" I shrieked.

"It's okay, here take these..." Catty said, giving me a pair of silver inch heels knowing I can't walk in anything higher.

I began to put them on, but I started hearing footsteps coming towards Aleesha's room. Realizing who it was I whipped out my phone I had stashed in my bra, and texted Ash.

Me: C U there ;)

I pressed send and then the footsteps paused for a moment before they began retracing their steps away from Aleesha's room.

I looked at the time, and saw it was the time for the dance. Everyone was just finishing up, and by the looks of things, we were going to be 'fashionably late'. Aleesha was putting on some black heels that matched her dress. It was zebra striped at the top and it had a hot pink ribbon under breasts then it was all black down to the bottom, stopping at her mid thigh. 

Shelby had her hair straightened so it no longer held it's curl. Her dress was a one shouldered silver sequiny dress that just reached her knees.