Finding rooms, talking to little girls, and brother figures

We all shifted and ran into the forest. I saw Erik's familiar gray and white wolf, and I saw, what I now recognized as Sapphire, a medium sized auburn wolf.

I led the way back home, making sure Sapphire and Erik were always nearby, and following me.

I think it was about 6 am when we finally made it back home. We all shifted back. Sapphire and I were fully clothed, while Erik was not. All he had on was a pair of jeans because his shirt couldn't shift with him.

I opened up the front door and let everyone in. I gave them a quick tour of the downstairs, before bringing them up to them up to the third floor. I gave Erik one of the only open guest rooms, and told him to go to bed and if he had any questions, to just yell for me.

I then took Sapphire up to my floor and led her to Wyatt's room.

"Sapphire, this is Wyatt's room. But I figured since you two are mates, you guys could share. Plus we are running a bit low on guest rooms right now. I'm sorry f-"

"It's okay. I'm just glad to have met him, and your generosity is more than I could ever want. Thanks for letting me stay here."

"It's no problem, and plus Wyatt has been looking for you for a long time."

She gave me a million watt smile before going inside the room.

I was exhausted. I had been up for almost an entire day already. Sighing, I sleepily made my way to my room. I opened my door to my room and closed it. I slowly made my way to my bedroom and collapsed on the bed. I fell asleep almost instantly, but I missed the comforting presence of my mate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock. It was only 10:30 am. I groaned. I had only been sleeping for 4 hours. I rolled over and snuggled back into my covers, and tried to go back to sleep.

No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't fall back asleep. I missed Ash too much. I didn't sleep well at all in that 4 hours. I kept having nightmares about Ash and what might've happened during the invasion.

I got up and went to get something to eat. To my surprise when I got down there, Sapphire and Erik were already downstairs in the kitchen eating breakfast. They were both eating a bowl of cocoa puffs.

Erik smiled at me and Sapphire waved.

"Hey guys," I mumbled in a glum manner.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just didn't sleep well."

They nodded and went back to eating their cereal.

I grabbed a bowl and a spoon and poured some cocoa puffs into my bowl, not feeling like cooking for myself. Things were quiet this morning. I missed the usual sounds of Carson begging for Ash's food, and people moving around the house. Even the birds outside weren't chirping, as usual.

They still didn't return yet. My stomach was all twisted up with knots. I missed Ash so much and I just hoped he was okay.

I sat down next to Erik. It was a little strange seeing him in my kitchen eating, after I haven't seen him in months, but it was a good strange.

"So what's really wrong?" Erik asked me.

I swallowed,"I just didn't sleep well, that's it."

"Mmhm," He mumbled as he shoved another spoonful of cereal into his mouth.

"Rain, I've known you since we were five. Do you honestly expect me to believe that it's because you didn't sleep well? What's really wrong?"

"I just really miss Ash and all. It's just really hard for me, not to know how he's doing. I'm just so worried."