Food, explanations, and make ups

Authors note: This is kind of a filler chapter, but it has SOME important things in it... and some stuff necessary for the future of this story... :) smilez

__________________________________________________________________

I woke up to the sun hitting my face, and to the smell of food.

"Is that hashbrowns and scrambled eggs I smell?"

"I promised you didn't I?" I heard an all too familiar voice say. I looked over to my left and saw a plate of steaming hot food, and I grabbed it.

"Yeah, and it smells great... Let's just hope it tastes as good as it smells..." I said teasingly as I took a bite of my eggs.

"Mmmmm! Delicious! Your eggs have past my taste test, now for the hashbrowns... Eggs are easy to make but I am very critical when it comes to my hashbrowns..." I said. I took a bite of my hashbrowns...

"Mmmmmmmmm... Ash! Get in here right now!"

He was in the room and by my side faster than you can spell supercal- whatever that thing that Mary Poppins sings...

"What's wrong Rain?" he asked urgently.

"Its just that... t-that y-your hashbrowns..."

"Yes?"

"A-are... AMAZING! These taste just like the ones-" I stopped myself, all the memories were coming back... All the mornings in the kitchen, back home in the palace, my mother humming quietly while my dad did some paperwork or read the news at the table.

"They taste just like the ones... What?" he asked, while tears brimmed my eyes.

"Just like the ones my parents used to make..." I whimpered.

"Oh Rain... I'm so sorry... It's all right, your parents are in a better place now... Please Ray, don't cry..." he said as he ran his hands up and down my arms trying to calm me. At first I cringed at his touch, then I embraced him and he hugged me tight.

"I miss them so much, Ash..." I said sobbing into Ash's shoulder.

"I know that you do, Rain... It'll heal in time... But for now, get this off your chest... Tell me what happened, to them... I know that they passed away but-"

I cut him off,"Murdered... They were murdered, Ash..." I said in a cold dark tone. He just looked at me with his mouth open.

"Close that mouth, or you'll catch flies... Or something else..." he closed his mouth and I continued,"Yes, Ash my parents were... Murdered." I took a few more bites out of my breakfast.

"Oh, Rain... I'm so sorry..." he said squeezing me.

"Can't breathe..." I gasped.

He let go of me,"Sorry."

"My parents were murdered... My mom was threatened and she went willingly with the man, and the next minute I heard a scream... A-and I k-knew s-she w-was... dead... And my father was poisoned... I know that after I investigated a little... And do you know the worst part? My UNCLE HIRED them to kill his OWN FAMILY! MY BLOODY UNCLE!" I shouted before I started sobbing into his shirt.

"I know my uncle hired those... Those monsters... I know he did, I heard them talking, and he asked if the job was done... They said no, they forgot me... After that, I ran away, and Ava came with me... I should be dead..."

"Rain! Don't say that!" he yelled. I hugged my legs and cried into my knees. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me,"Rain, I'm sorry... But you shouldn't say that... Don't even think that, Ray... Now can you tell me who did that?"