Waiting

Ash's P.O.V.

I was sitting next to Rain's hospital bed, rubbing my thumb over her hand, as she just laid there, unconscious.

I've been here everyday for the past 7 days. A week... I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. People tried to talk to me, but I growled and sent them away. I haven't left her side since the attack. 

All I could do was sit here and wait, and it was driving me and my wolf crazy.

"Alpha," Jennette, the pack doctor, began. Yep, that's right, after the attack my dad stepped down as alpha, and I took over. Carson is my beta and is helping me run the pack, while I worry over Rain.

I looked over my shoulder,"Yeah?"

"I've got some important news to tell you." I nodded for her to go on,"I've been doing some tests, and I found a small amount o-of..."

"Of what? I need to know, Jennette."

"Of Wolf's Bane, in her system. I don't know how she got it, but I'm guessing it was given to her when she was in her wolf form, and it's slowing down her healing, and that's why she hasn't healed all of her injuries. There is a good chance she will wake up from her coma, but when... I don't know-"

"Wait..." Carson said he saw some rouge give something to her. Remind me to talk to him,"What were her injuries?"

I know she was hurt when I saw her in the front but, that was all I knew,"Please, Jennette, what were her injuries?" I asked pleadingly, as I laced it with alpha tone.

"She had three broken ribs, and you said you found her by a tree?"

"Yeah, what's that got to do with anything?"

"I think she was thrown into the tree, and that caused her ribs to break. Unfortunately, because of the Wolf's Bane, she hasn't been healing as fast... I also found a rather large bite off her side, which now has stitches. The good news is that her body is beginning to flush it out... I expect for it all to be out by tomorrow."

"Thanks Jennette, this means a lot, you can go now."

"Any time alpha," She said before leaving the room.

After she left, I looked back at my angel. Maybe she might not be in this state if I hadn't sent her away. I tried to protect her, but it blew up in my face, and it hurt her. Maybe if I had gotten there sooner, or maybe if I hadn't left her in the morning...

I heard a small groan, and I looked up. Rain was shifting around on the bed, groaning in pain, because she was on her stitches.

"Jennette! Get in here! Now!" I yelled as I used every bit of alpha tone I could muster. She was here in an instant,"Carson!" She yelled.

Carson came in and quickly assessed the scene,"Get Ash out of here," She ordered.

I felt him tug on my arm,"Go Ash..." Jennette told me.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"The Wolf's Bane is causing her to have nightmares and her putting pressure on her stitches, is making everything worse... I have to give her some shots and fix up her stitches, now out!" She ordered.

I went with Carson, out into the hallway and slumped against the wall. My mate was in there and it was killing me to have her screaming in pain. I hoped this won't her to too much.

"Man, are you okay? I've never seen you like this..." Carson said as he sat next to me.

"No! I'm not okay!" I began as I stood up,"My mate's in there, in pain! And there's not a damm thing I can do about it! All I can do is sit around and wait! Do you know how hard that is? No, of course you don't 'cause you don't have a mate! And for your information, it hurts! It's like someone's ripped out your heart and you can't breathe!" I yelled as I punched the wall making a big hole in it.

"Ash! In here! Quick!" I heard Jennette call. 

_____________________

Author's note: Sorry for the little cliffhanger!!! next chappie up soon!!!!!!