A day to remember

I decided to take a quick glance at him; I peered out from behind the tree, and saw him take a scan of our surroundings. Before he could see me, I turned back around and once again hid behind the tree. He moved from the spot he seemed to be rooted to, and came back around to my side of the tree where Ava and I were hiding. He looked at me with wide eyes.

'Mate! Mate! Mate! Mate!' My wolf shouted/chanted.

My eyes went wide as I realized that this god in-front of me was my mate.

Oh, yeah, I guess I forgot to mention that I was the former princess (well technically current princess but I ran away) of the Weres... as in werewolves... So ya' know I'm one too, and so is Ava.

He extended an arm to me, "Hi, I'm Ash," he stated. I reached out hesitantly and shook his hand, but as soon as I touched him I felt shocks at my fingertips. I quickly let go of his hand and for a moment we all just stood there, not saying a word, which created some sort of awkward silence.

"So I told you my name, what's yours?" he asked. I stood there frozen in my spot, barely able to put two and two together to make a coherent sentence in my own thoughts.

This is so not a good way to make a first impression on your mate. Come on, THINK!

"Ava!" My friend chirped gleefully. I glared at her.

"And yours?" he asked.

"Rain..." I quickly mumbled, thinking that if he knew who I was that he would reject me.

"Sorry, I didn't catch that... What's your name?"

"Rain," I replied to him while looking down at the forest floor.

"Rain? As in the runaway princess, Rain?" he asked and I nodded.

"We all thought you didn't make it in the wild! Everyone's going to be so happy!" he said hugging me. I felt a wave of love wash over me and my wolf howled in pleasure.

He pulled away quickly, "Sorry."

I fought my wolf's urge to lean over and close the space between us. 'Mate. Mate. Mate. Mate.' my wolf whispered to me. 'I know,' I told her, which shut her up.

I looked at Ash and looked him over once more, and I decided that he was officially the s*xiest man on the planet and even though we literally just met two minutes ago, I couldn't help but feel the strong mate bond between us already, I was already so attached to him.

"What do you mean by 'Everyone's going to be so happy'?" I asked.

"Oh, my family and practically everyone else in the rebellion," he said. A few weeks ago I had found out that people have been starting a rebellion against the werewolf monarchy. Lately the rebellion has almost tripled in numbers since it began 4 months ago, 2 months after I ran away from my uncle. Rebellion families had tried to open up their homes to Ava and I but we usually just said 'no' to their offers. But if we were forced to stay in a safe house, we would only stay a day, two at most.

"Oh, well that's good to know." I noted.

"So, where you guys staying at?" he asked.

"Why do you wanna know?" I asked skeptically.

Ash's P.O.V.

I took a quick survey of our surroundings, before walking around the tree neatest to me.

There were two girls standing there. One had medium light brown hair like me that was shoved up into a messy ponytail, and she had blue eyes. She was short compared to me, about 5' 3", and she was wearing a pair of jeans and a red short sleeved shirt and a pair of sneakers.