Strike

Goto stared at the shaken up girl, her body was stiff as a board. Her fingertips were cold as ice.

Sighing, placed the water on the table and sat beside her futon, his hand is then placed on her head. He pets her. "Hey. . .you ok? What happened?" He asks in a whisper, as to not startle the poor girl.

Y/n sniffled, her throat was dry. She coughs. Goto then quickly hands her the water which she slowly grabbed out of his hands. As the cup touched her dry lips, she tilts it so she can drink the water. The cool liquid moisten her throat, making her sigh in relief.

As Y/n slowly hugged her knees, she took a quick breathe. "I-I saw people d-die today. . . A l-lot of them. . . I-it happened so fast. . . They're heads flew off like n-nothing. . ."she trembled, her fingertips getting cold yet again.

The imagery of what had happened ran through her mind. The blood and curdling screams and last gasps for air was all she could hear at that moment. Cries and shouts on how to get out safely was stuck in her mind.

The heads of her comrades was just on the ground like dirt. Even at death, you won't get to see their faces. . . No one knows who in that life.

"T-they all w-wanted to live. . ." She mumbled again. She could remember their hopeful and pleading brimmed eyes as they ran with all their might. . . But since the ones chasing them were a demon. . . They wouldn't even stand a chance.

"The desperation to live. . . Is obvious" Y/n whispered as she slowly calmed down. "I— " Y/n stops, she can't just speak out about she could've been killed. If she hadn't know Ume would be a waking word. . . She would've been dead by now.

And who knows that she would transmigrate, or better yet, Reincarnate and live a happy life.

Got smiles slightly. "Are you calm now?" He asks.

Before Y/n knew, she sighs. "I guess. . ."

"Are you seriously not bummed about this?" F/n remarked, pointing at the gory movie they were watching.

The screams and blood from the movie sent chills up F/n's spine but she grew irritated at the nonchalant stare of Y/n.

"Why would I? I mean. . . It's not in real life and it's just a movie" Y/n replied as she shrugged her shoulders before grabbing a handful of popcorn.

F/n's lips tugged in a frown and crossed her arms. "Are you seriously not sympathetic towards them atleast? They're pitiful you know"

Y/n chuckles, chewing on the caramel popcorn. "Like I said, It's a movie. They're the ones who are dumb enough to follow their friends to a suspicious place. They're not very smart, if I were them, I would've ran without looking back" she giggled, swallowing the sweet snack.

"You're so merciless" F/n groaned before grabbing the popcorn bowl.

"I'd do anything what it takes to survive, F/n. Who would stare at the gun that's about to shoot you anyway?" She laughed, pointing her fingers at her friend who was frowning even deeper.

"It's called shock. Bitch" F/n hissed, walking away.

Y/n only laughs and held back her pained expression. She wasn't used to be insulted so carelessly. Forcing out a smile, she jogs after her grumpy friend. "Ok ok, wait up!"

Y/n bites her lip as she now remembers the gun that maybe killed her in her past life. It was like as she said, she stood in place as she saw the gun infront of her eyes so suddenly.

She chuckles in her head. "I guess F/n was right. . . Maybe this is my punishment for being such a dick to her and just not acting as if the movie bothered me" Y/n then frowns and ran her hands through Hira's silver white hair. "But I guess that would even be worse sin. . . Lying right?"

Noticing the change in demeanor, Goto smiles and pats her head. "It seems that you're fine now" he smiled.

The albino girl smiles. "Yeah. . . I think so" she replied, giggling.

Goto stood up and lends out a hand. Y/n grabs it as Goto pulls her up.

"So want to go grab our lunches, Hira?" Goto asks, pointing over his shoulder towards the door.

Smiling, Y/n nods and hops to the door. "Sure!" She exclaims as she hurried out the door with Goto behind her.

Y/n smiles brightly as she walked beside the boy, the wind blowing as the scent of the plants calmed her. Her fear vanished like thin air. . .

Why wouldn't it disappear? . . . After all. . . All those lives that lost are all insignificant to her, she doesn't even know them. . .why would she even bother mourning?