Shock

Hearing the voice of the infamous demoness calling Gyutaro, her heart stopped.

"Oh shit!!!"

*********         ♤         *********

"Are you ok, Hira?" Goto asks the pale faced girl.

Her hair disheveled and blood splattered on her face and clothes. Her eyes wide as saucers and body trembling in fear as she sat on the floor, her knees tucked in close to her chest.

The remaining Kakushis had just returned, Hira among them.

Suma, the only wife surviving was silent and only sobbed uncontrollably. Her tears falling down her cheeks endlessly.

Many pitied her as she was the most sensitive wife.

Sweat dripped down her face as she kept mumbling to herself. Her body rocking back and forth, her mumbling continued as she gripped her hands together so tight that her knuckles turned white and hands turned purple.

"Hira? Hey, do you hear me?" Goto asks again, now crouching infront of her, worried at how she was acting.

Hearing no response, he sighed and looked around before leaning close to her ear, "Y/n? Are you ok?" He whispered to her.

The girl gasps and then started to go silent. Her once mumbling form turned to a still silent rock.

"B-blood... e-e-everywhere..." She stammered.

Goto raises a brow, "Blood?"

"..." She didn't answer and got back to her quiet state.

Goto knew Hira well. The fact that they're both roommates gave him enough information on how she acts normally.

And the Hira he knew was always normal in seeing dead people.

The fact that a timid girl like her would be so normalized in death contrasted her attitude. If Hira wasn't so normalized with death, she would be acting like now.

He sighs and shook his head.

The boy could somehow understand why she would so scared the way she is right now. They were all almost massacred by a demon after all.

The demon that was reported to have killed the sound hashira.

Looking at her trembling form, he sighs and turns his back on her, still crouching.

"Climb" he tells her as he looked ba k at her.

She glanced up to him, "W-what?" She mumbled, her voice soft and barely heard.

He grunts, "I said climb!" He groaned annoyed to her.

Y/n gulps and slowly pressed herself on his back and wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs at each side of his waist.

Goto then places his hands under her knees and began to stumble up.

"Hold on ok? Don't go mumbling on me" he says before staring to walk to their dorm.

"...yes" she mutters.

*

*

As Y/n was carried on his back, she was busy in his thoughts.

The scene earlier was playing again and again on her mind. The blood and bodies falling dead on the ground.

*

◇                      Earlier

*

Hearing the voice of the infamous demoness calling Gyutaro, her heart stopped.

"Oh shit!!!"

Y/n ran and ran along with the other panicking Kakushis. Her sharp breathes and ringing ears resonated in her ears.

She could hear her pounding heart thumping. Her sweat cold at the panic she was feeling.

Thump!

Her eyes widened at the sound. It was as if time slowed down and she could see Gyutaro landing on the ground near the other group.

And in a split second, all their head all popped off.

Her breathe hitches at the scene and immediately thought on what she can do to make him get off guard and but them time to escape.

"W-What should I do?! I'm g-gonna die if I waste time! Shit!" Her eyes began to sting as sweat dripped to her eyes. Tears falls down her cheeks at the panic but continued running and wipes her eyes along the way.

Suddenly, it was as if time slowed down, Gyutaro was already beside her. Her eyes widen and without thinking, her mouth moved on its own.

"Ume!" She quickly yelled before he could bring scythe down at her.

Time resumes again as he didn't continue, making the girl sigh in take it and continued running away. "S-shit! Good thing that worked!" she thought, her heart still pounding.

*

Gyutaro stared at Kakushi's retreating back in surprise. His little sister land beside him, annoyed.

"Why'd you stop Onii-chan!?! They're gonna get away!" Daki fumed.

Bodies of the Kakushi's were impaled on her sash. Daki moves her sash downwards and let's the bodies slip off using their own blood as a lubricant.

As the bodies fall, she whips her sash, making the blood spray away.

Realizing that her older brother has yet to respond, she frowned and tugged on his hair.

"Hey! Let's just go ok?! The girls are gonna go ugly" she states before walking away.

Gyutaro, in a daze nods, "...ok" he hummed before following his sister back to the village.

"Was that the girl's name? Or did she know what my sister's real name?" He wondered before looking at his sisters back and chuckles and shook his head.

"No way, Daki never had a female friend, especially a human. So maybe it was just a coincidence" he thought as they slip back to the stash Daki placed the girls in.