Heart beat

Y/n punches Tengen's side in such a short notice and huffed, "Please be professional Tengan-sama. Once a Kakushi dies, it'll be a price to pay" she tells him before walking to the other Kakushi group.

"Y-yeah!" He exclaims but then turned around and hissed in pain at his side.

"Who the hell knew she could punch like that?!" He groaned.

*******

"Tengen-sama" Hira calls out, join to catch up to him.

His head turns to hear and raises a brow, "What is it?" He asks, continuing his walk.

"What's the mission about?" She asks the male.

"There was said to have a strong demon there in... what's it called? Oh- the brothel houses or something" he tells her, shrugging his shoulders.

Her eyes widen at the reply. "This arc? Red light district? But in the original plot... Tengen didn't even bring Kakushi's and only let his wives handle it... The plot changed again" she thought, biting her bottom lip.

Hearing her heart's beat change, Tengen turns to her yet again, "You ok, Hira?" He questions worrily.

The beat of her heart was erratic, it seemed that she was panicking.

Patting her head, he smiles, "Don't worry Hira! I'm here to protect you!" He grinned.

Y/n looked up at his grinning face. Her bottom lip trembles, "I hope so" she says before going back to her group.

"Yeah... I hope you do... if you survive" she thought darkly.

*******

"What's taking so long?" A random kakushi groaned.

All of the cleaners had been on standby until the hashira gave a signal to proceed. The only problem was, it had been almost three hours since the hashira entered the 'danger zone'.

Another kakushi jabs his side and glared, "Shut up Kito, maybe he had hostages or something. Don't complain" he grumbled.

The other hissed in pain, "Then why'd you have to jab me so hard?!" He screeched at the male.

"I said shut up!" The other screeched back.

After then, they started hitting each other wholeheartedly .

Hira stared at the two men and facepalm, "They look like birds" she thought before turning to the side, "chickens"

"But seriously, what's taking him so long? If he needed help then he would be given us the signal" his wife, Makio trembled worriedly.

"I know... he's taking way too long..." his other wife, Suma, whispers.

"I fucking knew it, I bet Tengen's dead or some shit" Y/n cursed in her mind.

As they all stood on standby. Others were beginning to get antsy and impatient. Once you said that you'd be joining the hashira in his battle, what your think was a fast fight and you'll all leave immediately.

After all, that's what it means to be a hashira.

"I getting hung--

SLASH!!

Y/N's eyes widen as a a sash suddenly went straight next to her, wounding her skin just beside her eye.

"W-What...?" She mumbled surprised.

All of them stopped and Makio immediately grabbed Y/n's clothes and and ran to hide.

The woman places Y/n behind a tree and grabs a a container from her clothing and opens it.

"Are you ok, Hira?" The woman asks as she rubbed an ointment on the wound. Not taking risks if the sash was poisonous or not.

"I'm... fine" Y/n mumbles in reply, her eyes still wide as saucers. Her body stiff as she just was shocked at the event.

Hinatsuru suddenly appears beside them, "I don't know how something like that made it's way out of here. The supposed fight zone is far from here" she says, sweating as they all stood on their toes.

The other Kakushi's were now all hiding behind trees and branches. Not knowing if another projectile would be thrown.

"I know. I'm having a bad feeling about this--

SNAP!!

All their breaths hitched as a branch was sliced into half along with three Kakushi's.

Their faces held a a grim expression as they watched the bodies fall to the ground. The blood splattering on the clothes of those who are near.

"Shit! Run and avoid the sashes!!" Makio orders to them.

They all started running away, at the same time, sashes started speeding at them and cutting or injuring the other Kakushi's.

Y/n ran with the wives, her heart beating fast as she was starting to panic.

She had forgotten how it would be scary if she was faced with this kind of situation.

As she felt fear, her legs were starting to freeze up in fear. It was getting hard for her to move. The fear was stiffening her legs.

As they all ran away, a scream get her attention. Looking back, she gasps as she sees Hinatsuru on the ground. Both of her knees sliced off.

"Hinatsuru!!" Makio yells out, suddenly stopping and running back to her friend.

"No! Get away--

Makio stops in her tracks as a sash cuts Hinatsuru's head right off. But since the sash was so long, it even reached Makio.

The woman looks down at her stomach and sees a slash running down from her stomach.

"U-uh... I.. w-what?" She mumbles confusedly as she held the gaping wound. Her hands now dripping in blood before falling back to the ground.

Nothing can word out the feeling that Y/n felt. Two people had died infront of her.

"Pfft! Don't be so emotional. Just run!" Y/n giggled in her pyjamas.

"You are so heartless, Y/n. You really lack empathy" f/n says to the girl. A frown on her/ his face.

"What? Are you serious?! But she needs to get away or she'll die!"Y/n retorts to her friend who found her selflessness unbearable.

"Yeah, but that was her husband" F/n frowned.

The h/c haired girl huffs and crossed her arms, "It's not a big deal. There's a lot of fish in the sea, F/n" she huffed.

"Why is that memory running now?!" Y/n screams as she ran faster.

"I hope it doesn't mean that I'll fucking die!!"

Wincing as the sashes ran straight beside her, unfortunately scratching her skin as it did pass.

Her uniform all broken as it had slashes around. Revealing her skin and blood.

Her breathing uneven as she ran.

"Onii-chaaan!! My sash can't reach the other brats!!" The demoness fumed at her brother.

Hearing the voice of the infamous demoness calling Gyutaro, her heart stopped.

"Oh shit!!!"