Chapter 35

This will be the last chapter before the epilogue.

"Thank you so much for joining me here tonight!" I raised my hand holding my guitar pick as the audience was shouting my name. Since the show started, they have been dancing and singing along with me.

My show is coming to an end, "This song is for someone who couldn't be here with us tonight, but I am sure he will love to hear it."

Years ago, I had no idea how to play this guitar. It must have been so weird seeing me bring it everywhere without even knowing how to use it.

Now, it is like my bestfriend.

"He said, do you remember that evening?

When we looked up the sky,"

I have every single part of it memorized and the tunes it produce are like tattooed at the back of my mind. Without even looking at it, I can play with ease.

"You said the moon reminds you of someone,

but your eyes shined like stars"

Napatingin ako sa palapulsuhan ko na may kulay itim bracelet na nakayakap doon. Napangiti ako nang maalala ang tao na nagbigay sa akin noon ilang taon na ang nakalipas. I miss him.

The lyrics of this song are for the two people I miss every single day. I am hoping that the song will reach them even if they are out of my reach.

"As we sat there in silence,

you breathed in my scent like its yours"

I stood at the center of the open stadium here in Tennessee with colorful confetti raining down on me as I sang my last song for tonight. The first song that I have ever written and had already reached millions of people.

The spotlight is blinding my eyes but I didn't mind.

"Making me forget why I had to cry for all these years,"

I made it this far.

"I said, will you ever forget this feeling?

As you held my hand like you've got nothing to lose,"

I got goosebumps as I closed my eyes and just listened to this upbeat song that makes me feel things. It brings so much memories, memories that hurt and those that I could only wish would come back.

"I am singing for you,

Will you remember these strings, how I held them with you?"

The audience is jumping as I sing the chorus of my song. Napangiti ako. If this continues, they will be more exhausted than I am.

"Please remember that evening,

when you promised me this..."

In an ocean full of people, I am looking for him. My eyes are scanning the crowd but I couldn't find him. I badly want him to see me here.

"That you'd be with me forever,

and kiss all my broken parts..."