Chapter Fifty-Eight

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

Bella Swan was dead.

Ellie, Rosalie and Alice worked around Bella's limp, motionless body, cleaning her body from blood, sweat and other bodily substances, pulling a navy blue dress over her thin frame before finally brushing through her hair.

She was deathly still, her body slowly succumbing to the venom that coursed through her veins. Her body changing, morphing into her final resurrection as a vampire. 

"She shouldn't be this still." 

"It's the morphine," Carlisle assured. 

"Maybe I was too late," Edward muttered.

"No, Edward. Listen to her heart." Carlisle returned, for the brunette's heart was still beating strongly as the change overcame her. 

"I wish I could have done more." Ellie lamented seeking comfort in her blonde mate as Bella's heartbeat began to fade in the next room over, signalling the near end of the change. 

"You did everything you could've done, El," Jasper reassured her, tucking an arm around her and placing a kiss on her temple. "Shall we join them?" He asked as Ellie nodded in response. 

The family of vampires waited in the room, watching Bella's unusual change completely come across her. Her hair thickening, the wounds along her limbs healing, her spine snapping back into place with a pop, her body inflating itself once more. Then Bella Cullen's eyes opened. 

END OF BREAKING DAWN PART 1