[Like A Cat On Hot Bricks]

It's Sunday and tomorrow is the day I may or may not be longing for. Tomorrow, on the 2nd of September, I will start my new school, not any, but an Indian school. It's been a week when I first met the school's principal.

That day I and Arnav were so exhausted, after buying the books that we didn't even check out the building and how things are there in school. I carried the book set bag on my own, yeah Arnav was there but I bet he was just acting to hold the bag, I was the only one dragging the bag.

Dad would have helped me if I wasn't the one who told him to go to work and that I would walk to our home on my own. He was still insisting but Arnav convinced him to go as he said that he would take care of me and help me. I wasn't going to negotiate with what he said but I was way too exhausted to even argue back.

After reaching my apartment, I unlocked the door with the key because mom was at work too. I remember dropping the book set the moment I entered the house.

Arnav was following behind me and we both went to the kitchen to drink some chilled water on that hot sunny day. After that, we both take a long and relaxing nap. Arnav sleeps with me as there was no one at his house also. When I woke up it was already 4 in the afternoon and that was the first time I got to sleep peacefully in so many days.

Arnav was still sleeping while sucking his thumb like a small chimpanzee's baby, so I clicked his photos that day. I still tease him today about that and he just whined along and started talking gibberish to avoid listening to my words.

I had called Lexi later that night as she was usually free at that time. I told her about how things were going here, talked about my new school and all. Sadly I wasn't able to tell her how the school is but I sent pics to her that I clicked while entering. We talked about anything.

She told me that she was missing me like hell and would strangle me to death or paralyze my legs once I returned so that I cannot go anywhere else and if I can't walk she will help me so that I will need her forever. I don't know that I should be happy about it or stunned by her craziness. It must be the former one.

After that exhausting day for the straight week, I was preparing for my first day of school. I get to buy a big school bag because I have to carry my books to school from home as there are no lockers in Indian schools.

I was shocked to find that at first but yeah, it's fair as the only thing I found common in American and Indian high schools, so far is that we both have 10 periods and a strict principal.

I get to buy the school's uniform. This will be the first time in my life for worn a uniform to school.

I used to wear casuals back in Miami, nonetheless, in all Indian schools, private or not they are obliged to wear uniforms. They don't even have a different set for P.T. classes and no showers after that. I feel this is too unsanitary. For god's sake, students want to get rid of sweat too here, don't they?

Although they have different color t-shirts which they wear on a specific day of the week as instructed. I have to pick up my ID card and that t-shirt from school tomorrow.

My daily uniform is a white color shirt with the school's logo on the upper left side where the heart resides. As it's going to be winter soon I will be wearing a full sleeves white shirt. Over them, there will be a school sweater and blazer.

For the bottoms it will be pants or a winter skirt with leggings on but for now I will go to school in the half sleeves white shirt that is perfectly fitted to my body and a skirt which is just an inch above my knees.

Girls are strictly demanded to wear shorts inside the skirts as it was written in the extra rules, added up by the principal for new students. I like that it's our choice if we can wear pants or skirts.