{Feeling Dare-y}

What the heck is going on in this class?

Hasn't the Diwali fever subsided yet? It's been a week since the Diwali break ended.

"Hey not me! Don't you dare!" I warned him. Nevertheless, that chubby boy threw pop-pops at me.

As I suddenly climbed my desk, I became the center of attraction, the most tempting target. Every student with pop pops started attacking me, so I jumped on the table, almost preventing myself from getting a broken bone.

"C'mon Katie these crackers are no harm." Aditya chirped in. Since I had a horrible experience with crackers, I have decided to avoid them, at any cost.

"Says the one who is scared of dogs." I taunted back.

"Well I wasn't the one who got chased by them." And saying so he throws a fist full of pop-pops at me, and me being me, I flipped him off.

"WHAT'S HAPPENING IN HERE?" I heard the familiar bald-headed, not-so-potbellied teacher's voice. We were stuck at the same point staring at him, and it seemed like I was the only eye candy here, so he had to stare at me. Maybe it was something about my stage or the flipped finger.

"KATIE BUFFETT! WHAT IN THE WORLD YOU ARE DOING UP THERE? " He asked me so gently that I retreated my hand backward to make myself appear more presentable on the stage.

"Checking the weather up here?" I said after a while, after actually putting my mind into it. Watching the Tall Girl was worth it.

"Get down, now!" He ordered as he made his way down to us through all the pop pops. We can't help but feel funny. It was hard to stifle the chuckles.

"Who got these crackers into here?" He asked no one in particular. Everyone whispered, but nobody's name came out.

"This is the last time I'm asking," He said, "Okay! No comments now, every single one of you will go outside and stand in the corridor for the entire zero period."

"Oh C'mon Mr. Samar," he glared at me, causing me to reformulate my words.

"Respectable sir, today is 14th of November, thus, it is Children's Day in India! Do you desire to punish young and innocent souls on a day like this?" I have greatly exaggerated my reformulation of this sentence.

"In my opinion, only you deserve a punishment today; you may learn how to talk to your teachers while doing it." Geez, the Indian teacher got no chills.

"But Sir," And he cut me off, "There are no buts whatsoever, stand up in front of the class." He ordered me, but I didn't comply.

"Katie, if you don't comply, maybe your parents will make you move." He threatened and it worked. I will not take a chance on that. My parents already have enough on their plates, so I don't want to burden them with my teenage rebellious drama.

In this fight, including my parents was not fair. I followed him to the front while making weird faces and mimicking his words. They play so unfairly as teachers, always choosing the easy way out of the fight.

"Is anyone against my decision to punish Katie?" I stood against the wall listening to our beloved teacher ask such a wonderful question. Here I was mentally supporting people who struggled to raise their voices.

Showing them my guys-go-ahead-we-gotta-bring-him-down-eyes, due to the absence of Mishty, a couple of my true backbencher friends are going to object when he speaks up again, "If anyone does, feel free to join her here." So much for my past week of friendship's courage to support me.

I miss you dearly, Mishika Gupta. Her mother's father passed away and she had to leave school for two weeks, so she had to bail out on the first day back at school.