{Wandering n' Wondering}

I was kicked out of Mishty's house around four o'clock in the afternoon. It didn't even occur to me that we'd talked for two hours continuously. After reverting to how things were, things were actually much better than before.

I was going to call Uber but decided against it. Walking around seems like the best way to get my head around everything that Mishty told me about. Mishty's house was 20 minutes away by foot from the nearest bus station.

It makes no sense to me why girls can't hang out with their friends. Taking into account the different ways Indian students hang out, I am not saying they need to go to clubs and all.

Mishty's insecurities tell me how difficult it is for her to talk about all of this all the time. I was so shocked to see that not every Indian parent makes their children feel comfortable about their teens. If the condition had been better acknowledged, it would not have happened.

It is terrible that they have to hide it from every boy. Why would people want girls to hide something like this? They should be considered immature if they don't know, not the other way around. For me, their ideologies seem ludicrous.

I will consider clothing for once since people always judge how girls dress. Despite having no restrictions on what we can wear in America, we girls need to be cautious depending on the situation.

It is strange that Indian traditional dresses sometimes display the stomach and collarbones, yet they discourage crop tops. This is hypocrisy, isn't it?

On my way to the running road out of the streets, I was once more taken aback by the buzzing sounds of traffic, and for the first time, I realized I needed to cross the busy road to reach the bus stop.

In retrospect, I was thinking about calling an Uber, but I'm not going out on my own anytime soon. My parents are overly insecure about me, so this might be my only opportunity to cross the street.

Every time a car passes me in front of me as I try to get close to the road, I take two steps back.

As fast as the cars are driving here without any stops, it seems impossible for me to cross the street, and then I see this small kid crossing the road on its own.

Omg, OMG! He is going to get into an accident!

"Hey, are you crazy?" I shouted. Apparently, he wasn't able to hear but the people standing near me did. If they weren't already staring at me in secret earlier, now I've given them a reason to do it openly.

When he showed his palm to the car, the car slowed down as the boy continued to walk. That's crazy! It's that simple. Moments ago, it seemed like the most daring thing to do. I will just do the same thing.

'Go ahead and die today if you wish.'

'Catie, don't discourage me now, I'm sure it won't be that hard. If that little boy can do it, then why can't I?'

'I can let you go, but I bet if you're hit by a car, you'll hit your head on the ground, and I'll feel that pain as your conscience.'

'I just hate how easily our conscience instills fear in us.'

'We are people's logical side.'

'Don't forget to mention the weird one too.'

'Whatever!'

In front of me, I saw the car approaching. I stood there just to show my palm, slowed it down, and then moved forward. The moment I was only a few meters from the car, someone suddenly dragged me backward.

"What the...."

"What the hell are you doing out there?" I see Mishty breathing heavily as if she had just run a mile to drag me back.