[Vulnerable]

Diwali break was over, and everyone was back in class wearing winter uniforms. There are voices as usual. A relaxed week had made almost everyone smile. Mishty was nowhere to be seen so I decided to sit around in the circle with the other students who were sharing what they did during the break.

Some students just sat in their seats and talked with their friends instead of participating. I observe that very few of the boys are obsessed with gyming and all that. While it may be difficult for a boy to have abs, finding a boy with six-packs around here is an entirely different proposition. They aren't my type, but some of them might be.

Students prepared for morning prayers as the bell rang signaling the arrival of their teachers.

"Start the morning prayer class!" Mr. Samar instructed as usual, and we all took our seats for the prayer.

I see Aditya entering the class, but Mishty can't be seen anywhere near him, maybe she is running late. Aditya sat beside me in the last seat, in the row that was next to mine.

"Oiii.....shhh.....tsk...tsk...eddy" I called out to him in the middle of the Hindi prayer.

"What?" He seems irritated for no reason.

"Are you deaf?" He just rolled his eyes and got back to prayer. Looks like someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Heyy....shippy..shippy..ship!" I called him out again.

"Sir, Katie here is talking in between praying." The hell! Is he out of his mind? Samar sir just showed me the deadly glare, which results in me showing my slightly yellowish teeth to him.

When I had my breakfast today, I had Indian-style mashed potatoes and the result made my teeth look a little yellow. All credit goes to my mom, who doubled the turmeric powder in the food.

Due to Eddy being the dumb teddy, Sir was right there watching me whenever I opened my eyes, and I just closed them with a sly smirk hanging on my face.

"Good morning class! You may line up for the debate competition today!" Oh yeah, we're going to hear some students debating Indian politics in the auditorium today.

Everyone got in the queue and started moving. Interestingly, no friend of Aditya was present today, just like mine. As he got in the queue, I followed him.

"Hey mister! Why soo moody to rat me out like that in front of the teacher?" I said while making him aware of my presence.

"Simply state what you need." He sighed.

"She didn't come in the bus today, so where is she?"

"Am I her personal assistant, so that I will know her whereabouts?" Snarky much.

"Jeez okay, but do you have any idea why Mishty isn't here?" I asked.

"If I knew, I would have told you instead of getting annoyed by you." If anyone else had said that, I would have just ignored that person, but Eddy and I have a different kind of friendship bond.

He is usually the one who annoys me and makes me snarky when he messes with me, but it feels weird to have the tables turned.

"Take a chill pill dude, however, thanks for giving me her address." I said and he just hummed.

As we reached the most sophisticated place of the school, I just took a moment to observe the now lighted auditorium. All the teacher's offices and the reception area are air-conditioned, and this was the only place that was fully air-conditioned and used by students, but what a pity, it's already winter.

The teacher who was standing on the host panel instructed us all to sit down. Aditya is seated in the corner of the front row.

Either I sit in the last seat, so I can enjoy my solitude, or I sit beside Aditya to make him get out of the snarky zone, and ask him about something important that Mishty hasn't told me. Even thinking that there is a choice seems absurd! Of course, I'm going in front and feeding my curiosity.