{Prologue}

Katie's POV

Today is an exceptionally auspicious day. You may ask why? It's because my dad will announce a prominent news tonight, which I am naturally very curious about.

The birds are chirping, the sky has worn off its darkness, and now it is just bright and cloudy. The wind is blowing through, transmitting positive vibes to every minimal part of my anatomy and making me feel euphoric from inside out. The entire aroma around me is just sweet and relaxing as if nature is synchronizing with my mood today.

I was running down the streets enjoying today's morning pleasure when someone familiar disturbed my peace, and by just hearing her call, my lips mischievously curved upwards.

"Hey stop!!" She shouted, yet I kept running just to bother her.

"What do you want Lexi?" I roared in my extra chirpy voice to provoke her further.

"Nothing, just wondering what are you doing here?" She said with her gritted teeth.

"I should be the one asking you that, love?" I teased her again.

"Oh! I am here because some particular person texted me to come here this early in the morning." She said, huffing like a canine, but still running behind me to intercept. I spared her and slowed down my pace to keep up with her turtle walk. See how generous of a friend I am.

"I just called you for a morning stroll" I simply shrugged as if it was not a big deal, but in actuality, it's one hell of a deal for Lex.

"What? Are you kidding me? You freaking ruined my beauty sleep, Kat." Of course, she would say that.

"It's not that big of a deal Lex and I want someone beside me while I am jogging and today neither my mom nor my dad was able to join me, so it has to be you."

"So why don't you call Ezra, your baby boo? Don't have the guts, gurl. Huh?" She smirked, and I groaned. I wonder why I told her about my crush, ignoring the fact that she is my best friend and to be precise the only friend I can rely on.

"You didn't just say that," I give her my best death glare, and thankfully she dropped the topic. Is she fine? How did she just drop it that easily?

"5:43 on a Friday morning, no thanks, I pass the offer." She started going in another direction. I jogged backward to halt her.

"Hey!! Don't be so dramatic, you are already up, and here, so why don't you just join me?" she takes a long deep breath and starts walking beside me. Lazy dogs she is.

"Well, why didn't you change your Peaches night suit while coming here?" Now the tables have turned, so I smirked, and she groaned.

"Ugh...not again. Do you want me to go back?" She threatened and started walking back, but I held her hand before that.

"Nope, stay here!" I pleaded because I am not looking for a cantankerous Lex out of the already grumpy one.

"Trust me, if you ever mentioned this again, I swear, I would bury you right here."

"Whatever Peaches!" I laughed as she was cheesed off. She hates Peaches, but just for her little brother, she wore this Peaches night suit once in a blue moon. The fun fact is that her brother knows that she hates it, that's why he gifted her that in the first place, although she doesn't know that yet, nor did we intend to tell her ever.

"Leave this, tell me what's the secret behind your bombastic mood?" I know she was going to ask this.

"Um... It's just we are going abroad." I know she is going to kill me after this.