#53 - On The Run

"rrrr....rrrrr......rrrr.... the number that you're calling is not active. Please try again later".

Kai had tried to call Jennie by the phone, but failed many times. He had something important to talk with her. They both were in a relationship before but not in a long period of time, such a very short relationship.

"I just asking you to monitoring Jennie from the distance. Not touching her or attempting to kill her and her friend! What did you do?!!" Kai said to a man on his own apartment at night..

"I'm sorry, Sir. But seeing Jennie spending good time together, even she looked very happy with her friend like that at the beach together... I remember too that your reputation as a singer become very bad to be seen by public since both of you break-up... "

Kai pulled out his shirt collar in quick move. He stared at a man furious.

"you've made everything messed up now already. So now, I cannot give you the money that we both have agreed before. Now please just go away from me, my life and Jennie. Don't ever disturb us again, or you will find your way to jail in the end and I don't want to help you out"

Since then, Kai tried to call that man just to stop him to do next insane action. Especially after Kai heard if the man appeared again by coming to the hospital and attacking his ex. There is a feeling inside him still love Jennie as well until now, and at night sometimes he craves it.

But Kai didn't make it to call him because the phone number is not active too so that finally he was still busy doing his own research and investigation to find the culprit very secretly, even to call him through the same number over again behind all of his full tight schedule of concerts, promoting fashion brands, ads, many group activities including fan meetings without no one knows, even his manager.

One day, Kai tried to tell his good friend and fellow band mate of EXO, Chanyeol when they both went back to Kai's apartment for having a short dinner after Inkigayo show.

"jinja??! You know that guy... the culprit?" Chanyeol asked in surprised.

"yes I know, I have visited police station too in past few days" Kai said.

"but I never knew about it...even manager never say anything about you can go out alone.....to police station?? Do they all know about it actually?!"

"no one knows, only you just now" Kai said again. They both were still eating ramen together in dining room.

"aah... waah Kai.... Omo..." Chanyeol said, he seem don't believe about what he just heard just now.

"listen, you're the only one I trust to talk to about this case. As I don't want to make this case become bigger and wider. Don't ever tell it to anyone else. You know..." Kai stopped his talk as he chewed the meatball when Chanyeol kept waiting for the next words that Kai will tell. Chanyeol's hands were still holding bowl and chopsticks, his mouth was busy chewing with his mind was full paid attention to what Kai would say.

"I've already told everything that I know to the police, about that guy. Even that culprit's phone number is not active anymore so how could I have more conversation with him? We're lost contacted now already since a few months ago too since a day when Jennie and Rosé went to the beach together.... Finally after months this case is not clear yet, police will find and arrest him... but there is something that makes me sad still, and I do it all only for Jennie. She deserves the best... that... I still can't talk to her yet, by anything I could... Or she is blocked my number already? I don't know.... Love is hurts, I just thinking if we both can meet again, or maybe...getting back together" Kai said in sad tone. He put his empty ramen bowl back to the table.