Chapter Twenty: Did Sparks Start To Fly?

“Well, um, did you understand whatever I spoke till now cause I just realized I’m not great in explaining stuffs.” I said doubtfully, slumping back on the sofa in the Common Room

“Andy, you ought to be joking! I now have a fair idea about the topic I am to research on.” Daniel spoke earnestly.

“Okay well, then lets proceed to the last part of the chapter. So there are two types of--- ”

“You won’t admit it, I know but you need a break for a while from handling a dim-witted student like me.” he interrupted me.

“I would want to admit that you’ve been a good student so far & I definitely won’t mind a break.”

“Then in that case, coffee at the canteen sounds good?”

“Sounds good.” I agreed.

***

“Here’s your coffee.” Daniel placed the cup on the table in front of me.

“Thanks.” I said as he took a seat at the canteen table opposite me with his own coffee cup.

We sipped our hot drinks & talked about general things, joked & laughed over random stuff. We were still at it when---

“What the bloody hell is happening here? I knew it!! There is something going on between you two.” Mark appeared, casting a suspicious look at us & sending a glare at Daniel, he spoke, “How dare you get cozy with my sister behind my back???”

“Mark please!!Have you lost it??” I said, appalled

“Its better you don’t speak a damn word!!” my brother retorted, “You are--”

“Mark, you’ve got to listen.” Drake interrupted, coming up on the scene, “I think you’re overreacting.”

“I’m overreacting Drake? Really? Today this guy is having coffee with my sister & tomorrow I might see these two kissing at a corridor & then he would even do uncensored stuff to my sister inside a closet!!” Mark threw a disgusted look at Daniel.

 “Mark, calm down.” Drake spoke, “I understand she s your sister but its not right to interfere in her life like this. Lets go from here.”

“But she doesn’t--”

“Its fair to leave it at that.” Drake interrupted my brother, “Your sister is prudent enough to make the right choices when it comes to friends & relationships. Lets go.”

Mark didn’t say anything after that but it was evident enough he wasn’t in the least convinced. Nonetheless, Drake took Mark away.

I was left very much disturbed with whatever had happened.

“Daniel, I’m really sorry on Mark’s behalf for his rude & irrelevant behavior.” I apologized.

“Its...Its alright. Don’t worry...” he responded, shocked for words at whatever unexpected had taken place.

****

I was walking out of the classroom after the English period when I heard a familiar voice from behind.

“I think you must say a massive thank you to me.”

I turned behind as see Drake approaching me with his lips curled in a smirk.

“Oh really? I don’t happen to remember any act of thankfulness that you’ve bestowed upon me.” I smiled tightly.