Chapter Seventeen: Paranormal Activity.....

When you take up the challenge to watch a horror film, it is taken for granted that you would watch in at night, in the darkness of the room in pin drop silence around you. This makes the film scarier than it would be if you watch the film at daytime.

So here I was sitting on the sofa in the living room in front of the flat screen TV pinned to the wall. The room, or rather the house, was overflowing with darkness as if using tubelights, lightbulbs or any other possible source of artificial light was officially banned in the country.

"Its okay if we don't watch the film Nosey, you don't have to prove how much of a scared kitten you are."

Oh yes & I forgot to mention the most annoying person of the Galaxy who was sitting next to me-Drake Spencer.

"Start the film." I said coldly.

"Before that, let me arrange for an ambulance cause we would need one when you faint out of fear." he taunted me further.

"I said start the film." I glared at him.

He pressed the Play button of the remote & the film began. I took a deep breath as the first scene flashed on the television. Few minutes passed. The film is going good. No creepy stuff till now. All is normal. So far so good.

Oh & for the record, my parents are out to attend a house warming party of one of Dad's clients. Since Mark was least interested to play referee to the fights between Drake & me, he chose to go Mum & Dad.

I suddenly sensed Drake staring at me instead of the TV screen.

"Watch the film." I snapped him.

"I think watching the expressions of fear on your face would be more entertaining than the film."

"You don't want to land up with a black eye, do you?" I threatened coldly, thinking of punching his face.

"I was staring at you cause you look beautiful today."

My eyes widened as those words fell in my ears. What did he just say?. I looked at him. His eyes were on the TV screen. Surely he is joking & that is evident by the smirk plastered on his lips. I frowned, directing my attention back to the film.

The paranormal things in the film began soon after. I was so terrified that I couldn't even scream most of the times. I could feel my insides shaking as though my bones were doing salsa. Add to this, Drake gave a fake scream in one of the scariest part of the film which freaked me out completely.

"Got you on this!" he mocked.

"I swear Annabelle will haunt your dreams at night!!" I yelled at him.

I ran after him all over the place, throwing the sofa pillows at him that missed to hit him every single time. Finally I grabbed hold of his shirt & caught him but he clutched my wrist & pulled me closer to him. I could literally feel his warm breaths on my lips. His alluring blue eyes, which shone in the light of the TV screen, penetrated deep in me. I couldn't even afford to breath since I realized there was hardly any distance between our faces...I kept staring at his eyes, experiencing unfamiliar sensations.....

"You can hunt me down later on, but now we have a film to finish watching." he whispered in a husky voice.

Drake stepped away from me & walked back to the sofa. I regained myself, cursing myself mentally for letting him dominate me for a few moments.