Chapter Twelve: Girls Day Out!

We were led into Soph's house by her younger brother who said in a bewildered tone that his sister is behaving crazier than never before! Laura & I sprinted towards Soph's room but we tripped & fell on the floor as we were just about to enter the room.

"Oww! What the hell!!" I groaned.

"These marbles!!" Laura said, fixing her spectacles back over her eyes.

Yeah! There were so many marbles rolling on the floor. We decided to crawl into the room instead of trying to rise to our feet which would only result in us falling down again! Sheesh!

"Well, I thought people usually walk into a room, not crawl into a room." Soph remarked seeing us.

"Even I thought people don't usually have marbles scattered all over the floor right outside their room." I said as Laura & I stood back on our feet.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I forgot about the marbles!" she admitted sheepishly.

"Whoa! Look at this! You room's in such a mess! No wonder this is an emergency!!" Laura said, looking around.

True that! The doors of Soph's closet were wide open with dresses, accessories, make up stuff falling outside & scattered all over the room. It was as if some wildest of the wild cat fight had just taken place!

"But what's the use!! I don't have even one proper dress to wear on my date!!" Soph sulked.

"You going on a Date????" Laura & I exclaimed simultaneously.

"Wow!! Where is he taking you??!!" Laura excitedly asked.

"Well....ah I don't know....!" Soph replied.

"When did he ask you out or rather how did he ask you out?" I threw the next question eagerly.

"Well...ah...He sort of didn't ask me out....!" Soph answered hasitantly.

"How did you two meet?" Laura asked the third question enthusiastically.

"Well...ah...We didn't really meet as such...." Soph grew more hesitant.

The eagerness had died to a certain extent at this point. By the time I hurled the fourth question, I was pretty sure something wasn't right.

"Hold on! Who is this 'He' that we're talking about? I mean, what's the guy's name?" I asked, eyeing her curiously. 

"Er..um, Richard....or maybe Michael?" Soph replied, or rather asked, sheepishly.

"Wait a sec! Don't tell me you don't even know his name!!" Laura exclaimed in astonishment.

Sophia nodded.

"And he probably doesn't even know you exist in this planet?" I asked shaking my head.

Soph nodded again, plopping down on the bed with a heavy sigh.

"And..uh, you're preparing for an imaginary date with him? Isn't that madness?" Laura asked amused.

"Hey! You two aren't really making the situation better for me!" Soph grumbled, "And secondly, he will ask me out for sure!! He is so freaking cute!!!!" she gushed.

I sighed, "Okay, lets start with the basics. Where did you see him?"

"Actually, he is in our school. I saw him playing golf today! He looks really good, I tell you! I really wanna know him!" Soph said dreamily, "And then we will go on a date....and then we will kiss...."

 O...kay? Laura & I couldn't really find the right words to say to her. We both shrugged at each other.

"So Girls!! We are going shopping tomorrow since its weekend so that when he asks me out, I should have a dress kept ready for our date!" Soph said, clapping her hands in delight.