Chapter Seven: A Horrible Affair!

"So All set Laura?" Sophia asked.

"Ermm...how about me going home straight away & pretend that I never ever registered for the competition?" Laura muttered nervously, shuffling her feet.

"Well, how about you going to the event hall straight away & win the competition?" I assured her brightly.

"Fine." She sighed heavily, rising to her feet.

"Hey! You'll be fine. Don't worry!" Sophia cheered her as both of us stood up as well, "Now let's go."

Laura nodded slowly. I wished her all the best & watched my two friends walk out of the canteen foyer. Sophia was a part of the volunteering team who would supervise the script writing contest.

It was after school hours, so there wasn't much crowd to be found in the school building. Since I decided to stay back till the end of the competition, might as well use the time in hand productively & complete the article writing assignment that was given in Journalism class.  

I made my way to the library to research on the subject which I was to write on. On reaching there, I scanned through the names of some of the relevant books in one of the rows. I finally got the book I was hunting for. When I was about to pull the book out, there came another hand on that book. I turned my face to see who it was. No drum rolls. It was Drake.

"I need the book. So care to move your hand far away?" I told him sharply.

"Find some other book to bury your nose into cause I'm taking this book." he told back.

It was evident by the smile on his face that he was here to annoy the hell out of me. Argggg!!!!

"Give me the book or else you might not live to see the next second of your life." I threatened him.

"Believe me, I have never been so scared like how I'm now in my almost eighteen years of existence." he said mocking grin.

"I said give me the book!!!!" I raised my voice glaring at him, trying to snatch the book from his hand.

"And I said you aren't having it. Want a hearing aid?" he said, pulling the book towards him.

Then I pulled the book to myself, trying to get rid of his hands off it but he pulled the book to him & very soon it was a tug of war between us.

"Give it!!!" I shouted.

"Nope!"

"Jerk!!!!"

"Nosey!!!"

"STOP!"

My hands let go of the book when that strict angry voice graced my ears. Drake & I turned to see the librarian, Madam Blackwell glaring at us disapprovingly,

"How many times do I have to make you two understand that this place is a library, not a dueling club!!!!!"

"Madam I---" I tried to speak but was interrupted by her.

"I don't want any more chaos here. Out." the librarian showed us the door.

My eyes shot wide open, "But I---"

"I repeat Move Out, both of you." she again interrupted me.

So that was that.