Chapter Twenty Five: Attraction

I tried to call Drake so many times when I got home but he didn’t respond to any of them & neither my messages. I was feeling absolutely shitty about the whole thing. Drake is the one because of whom I could make my project on the first place & I accused him of something terrible without any thought.....The guilt was gnawing my nerves without mercy.

I went downstairs & came across Mark who was seated on the sofa in the living room with a grave face.

“I’m frustrated at the fact that I wasn’t there to help you out but Drake saved the day!” Mark said when I sat across to him.

“Yeah...he did,” I responded in a subdued voice, “But what exactly had happened?”

“I spoke to Drake sometime back. He said someone had installed a virus in your laptop which straightaway began deleting your files. Drake must have had to slog his ass out to recover your project cause the virus had rendered the entire system corrupt.” my brother explained.

“That “someone” was Susan.” I said quietly.

“What?? Are you serious??” Mark exclaimed in shock, “That bloody bitch!! But why did she do all this?”

“Um...Did Drake tell you something about me?” I asked what was on my mind.

“No. What was he supposed to tell about you to me?”

That means Drake didn’t tell my brother about how I misunderstood him.

“Um...nothing..Actually I didn’t get to thank him properly...” I covered for the main reason, “Will thank him tomorrow in school.”

“I doubt that’s possible cause he won’t be coming to school tomorrow,” said Mark, “And like I said before, Drake can’t be contacted in any way if he doesn’t come to school.”

***

Don’t even bother to ask me how the next day was. As Mark had said, Drake didn’t turn up at school. It was perhaps the longest 24 hours of my life. I was restless the entire day. I was hoping he would come to school & that I would see him but that didn’t happen. Infact, when  I tried calling him, his phone was coming switched off altogether.

The following day I was waiting at the school entrance for Drake to arrive. Now that I’m thinking, I actually have no clue what I am gonna tell him apart from ‘Sorry’. I decided that its best I leave it for that time itself.  

Just then a car entered through the school gates. And I knew very well who it was. The car door opened & Drake stepped out in white swag shirt & faded jeans with black sunglasses over his eyes.

Damn! He looked searing hot! This guy has the perfect style & attitude to be the most sought after human.

It may be minutes later that I realized I had been gaping at him & he hadn’t noticed me yet. He took off his sunglasses. Every girl present there continued to drool over him. Soon, people started gathering around him with their greetings.

I tried to get through to him but the crowd around him was making things difficult. I wanted to talk to him right away cause I had no patience left to wait more. I pushed my way inside the crowd, putting people off my way. And when I finally reached him, I wasted no time to clasp his wrist tightly and drag him out of the crowd along with me. Everyone around stood back in surprise & made way for us,

“What do you think you’re doing?” I heard a shocked Drake protesting as I continued tugging him behind me.

“I’m kidnapping you. Happy?” I muttered so that only he could here.