Chapter Thirty Five: D 'N' A

"I still can't believe you suggested this and that to on a weekday." I said when the car stopped right in front of me,

"I thought you were one of those people who wouldn't mind bunking school for a month, let alone a day." Drake remarked as he stepped outside his car, taking off his shades.

He looked so handsome in those blue-shaded sun glasses, I tell ya!

"You think so highly of me, feeling honored." I snapped back in sarcasm.

"I think even higher than this of you." he said huskily.

I gave him a look.

"But seriously, are you sure you're mentally ready to bunk all classes for today cause you take down notes and explanations  of practically every word ever uttered by a professor." I said, "I'm sort of feeling guilty you won't be able to do that today."

"My car should feel guilty cause it complained to me that I should take you out for a day so that it doesn't rust in the school's parking area all day long." he responded cheekily.

I gave him a look. Again.

"I thought you would say 'I-can-do-anything-to-spend-an-entire-day-with-you' or something like that." I said critically.

"Really??Oh." he pretended to be astonished.

I rolled my eyes.

 "You look cute when you do that." he gave that silly boyish grin, "Get in the car now! Can't wait to have a beautiful day with you."

That made me all dreamy-eyed. Hehehe.

He got in the driver's seat, I sat next him and we drove off. So yeah, Drake wanted to spend an entire day with me & I obviously said yes. Lets see what all places we go today.

I turned to look at the back seat and found a picnic basket sitting there.

"Uh, you told me we were gonna eat in a restaurant. If you had told me, even I would've made something & brought along like you did." I said.

"Well, there's nothing much in there, just pancakes, nachos and your favorite cookies. Wanted to make something for you & get it." Drake replied, turning at me occasionally but with his eyes fixed on the road ahead.

"That is so sweet!" I said in delight, "Didn't think you would do that. So, you cooked for me, uh-huh?"

"I made, or rather, tried to make pancakes, Grandma made nachos." he admitted modestly.

"I wish I could make a dish & brought it for you." I slouched on the seat.

"I wanted to take the first turn to do something for you. You can definitely make me one when I sneak into your house, or rather your room, at nights. " he smiled impishly.

I giggled.

Looking outside through the window, I realized we had left the city landscape far behind and were now driving along the countryside. Vast stretches of tall green trees & grasses flanked either side of the quiet narrow winding road and you could even see the grayish-green hills lurking at a far away distance. The sun glittered in the clear blue sky with a couple of white clouds wandering about. The cool breeze, when inhaled, gives one a sense of tranquility. The weather was a happy, pleasant one indeed.

I looked at the front, the road seemed to be never-ending but the scenic view that it presented was entirely breath-taking. I was staring at Drake after that who had his eyes on the road ahead. My hands instinctively reached to caress his blonde hair. I inched my face closer to him & kissed him on his cheek.