Chapter Fourteen: Chits And Chats

I was really pissed off that day when the early morning sun rays fell upon my closed eyes. I semi-consciously heard the curtains being put aside to let the irritating yellow light pass in. I fidgeted on my bed to let the person know I was getting disturbed but that did not help.

"Mark, please let me sleep....tell mum I will wake up in 13 minutes and 14 seconds...." I mumbled sleepily, covering my face with the blanket but I guess my call was ignored.

"Mark, leave the damn curtains, will you???"

I threw a pillow at the direction of the window with my eyes closed but was shocked to feel it hitting me back with the same force! Irritated, I threw all the pillows one after the other (For the record, I have a habit of sleeping with seven pillows around me. Its weird, I know. Period) until I heard a voice that for sure didn't belong to my brother.

 "Stop!!!"

 I got up & sat on the bed with a start & saw DRAKE with the pillows tucked under his arm. He looked funny indeed holding those fluffy pillows but that hardly contributed to reducing my astonishment on seeing him there. Before I could react, he showered all the pillows back at me. Arggg!!!

"Early to bed, early to rise makes Nosey a bit wise." he remarked with a taunt smile.

"What on earth are you doing in my house, in my room this early in the morning????" I blasted at him.

"Just to inform you're flunking in Science since you are late for Mrs Kelly's class today again which means you're late twice in a row." he shrugged.

My eyes popped wide open in shock. No No No!!I can't be late for Science class today!!

I nearly fell out of bed in a hurry & rushed to open my closet. And.....wait a minute!!!

Something is not right. Today is weekend if I’m not dreaming. That means, no school, no Science class, no Mrs Kelly. That means, Drake is fooling around.

 I turned behind & Drake burst into fits of laughter.

"Its fun always to make a turkey out of you, Nosey." he remarked, amidst his laughs.

I glared at him fiercely. He ran outside my room & I chased him down the stairs. We ran around the long dining table in the living room.

"Mark, buy me a coffin & Google search for the nearest graveyard." I told my brother as he came down the stairs.

Drake & I stood at opposite sides of the table. He smirked at me while I glared at him.

"Ermm....is anybody dead?" Mark asked, scratching his head.

"Not yet. But very soon." I replied. I began chasing him again.

"Guys Guys Guys, Relax!" Mark said, coming between us.

"Both of you will tear each other apart one day like literally!" my brother sighed.

I was about to speak out but--

"Breakfast time!"Mum came in there followed by Dad.

"Andrea, this is not how you present yourself in the living room." Mum rebuked me

I instantly got what she meant. I was in a pajama & T-shirt with my hair looking like a dinosaur’s nest. Sheesh! I immediately ran upstairs to make myself look human.