Chapter Twenty-Three: Midnight Meetings.

I looked at the round clock hung on the adjacent wall which gladly told me that the time was an hour to midnight. I was still at my study desk, surfing the net on my laptop. From the looks of it, it seemed sleep was a couple of hours away from me.

If you’re thinking I am researching on my Journo project, then you’re thinking right. It took me a very long time to decide upon a favorable topic for the project & a couple of DAYS to come up with a creative way to present it. Trust me when I say I had to struggle my bones out cause no unique ideas were knocking the window of my head. At one point of time, I got so irritated that I literally thought to surgically remove my brain & send it for repair. I was that pissed off cause I wasn’t able to think of anything one of a kind. Sheesh!

Then this morning I was having breakfast as usual when an innovative idea flashed across my mind like magic. And the way I was jumping up & down about that as if I had been declared the sole owner of all the gold in the world.  My parents gave me alarmed looks but when I explained to them did they heave a sigh of relief. My brother was prompt to remark I could be the next big reason behind people suffering from panic attack.  Well, Screw him!!

“Man, this is not working out!”

I slumped back on the chair, switching off my laptop. The thing is I wanted some secret, unknown & rare facts or news regarding the topic of my project. Something which can’t be found on the Internet. But then again, I am asking for that thing which is in no way possible. Sigh!

“Knock. Knock.”

I grew wide-eyed hearing the mischievous voice right behind me. I looked behind & what met my eyes made me jump off my chair in shock. I heard my heart giving out a loud beat.

“What are--” I stopped, realizing I should bring my voice to the least possible decibel, “What are you doing here at this time?”

I almost yelled in a whisper at Drake whose lips were curled in a sly smile. He had jumped into my room through the open window.

 “Came to meet you.”

“Let me remind you this is not Mark’s room. He lives downstairs and....wait, what??” I stopped, registering what he just said.

“Came to meet you.” Drake repeated.

“Why?” I asked suspiciously.

“Well, I am here to take you to a place.” he replied.

“Why?” I asked suspiciously again.

He rolled his eyes at that.

“We’re going on a date Nosey.” he said meaningfully.

My eyes grew wider hearing that. Now why did my heart skip a beat? Stupid Heart!!

“I’m not going anywhere with you. Besides, do you know what the time is? It is half an hour past midnight. I’m not interested to wander on the night streets like a ghost.” I refused.

“Hurry up. Take a coat along. It is cold outside.” He said as if he didn’t hear a word I spoke.

“Can’t you take a ‘No’ for an answer??” I rebuked him.

“No.” he shrugged.

I rolled my eyes, “I’m not going with you anywhere.”

“Then in that case, I won’t mind spending the night here.”