Chapter Twenty Four: The Great Mistake.

The first two periods of that day in school were hectic considering the fact that we had to digest many complicated formulae in Chemistry later followed by a dissection of cockroach in Biology. So you see, it was bad after all.

I was on my way to the Locker Room when I saw Laura coming out of a classroom.

“Hey, wassup?” I greeted her.

“Have just submitted my advertisement…mixed feelings.” she said, her voice a mixture of nervousness & excitement.

“You rock lady! I just want to see Amber’s face now!”

“You know what I was thinking, we should find time to sit & bitch about Ashley, Susan & their clones.”

My mouth opened in a big O out of shock hearing that. I mean its so weird to hear something like that from someone like Laura.

“What? Don’t look at me like that!” she said, “I think it would be too much fun to bitch about them!”

I cracked at that. Laura is turning sassier day by day.

“I’ll meet you in class. Have to keep these in the locker.” I said, looking down at the loose sheets, files & some booklets that I was carrying. All were my Journo project related stuff.

Laura nodded & I once again headed to the Locker Room.

****

“Omigod!! Where is it? Where is it? Where is it???”

I sifted frantically through all the papers but couldn’t find what I was looking for. I was just about to put everything in my locker when I realized one sheet was missing. It must have fallen down somewhere. I was all tensed when—

“Are you planning a search for this?”

I looked up to see Drake holding the paper that I lost.

“My paper! Thank you so much!!” I extended my hand to take it from him but he didn’t give it to me.

I stretched my hand again to get it but he again moved it away from me with a smirk on his face. This continued for a couple of more seconds. I tried to reach out for the sheet & he shoved it away from my reach.

“What are you doing?? Give to me!!” I had to stand on my toes cause he held the paper high up in the air, “Where did you find it?”

“You had forgotten it behind at the Whitehouse after your meeting with the President.” he said teasingly while finally handing the paper to me.

I frowned, snipping the sheet from his hand, “Ha ha very funny! And you have come to ridicule me about my carelessness, right?”

“Why do you always think that I would belittle you?” he mocked complain.

I gave him a look, “Because that’s what you have been doing since Day 1, haven’t you?”

He began leaning his face closer to me. My breaths shivered feeling his warm air on my lips....I leaned backwards, trying to keep at least some distance between us but failed whatsoever. His blue eyes probed into mine...

“You don’t know me yet. I can see that this project means a lot to you cause you’ve been working very hard & I’m in no way gonna ruin it.”

I just gaped at him blankly. He withdrew himself from me, giving a lopsided smile. I saw him walking away but my heart continued to beat louder and louder....Stop it Heart!!