First Day, First Showdown

Hi, thanks for choosing to read my book!

Please understand that this is my first book. And it may not be up to the mark. Please don't judge me by it. My writing has improved a lot since then :)

***

Chapter One: First Day, First Showdown

"Andrea!"

I looked in the direction of the familiar voice in the airport. A big smile spread on my face seeing a tall brown haired, brown-eyed boy, who happened to be my brother, waving at me from the terminal baggage claim area along with my parents who were smiling ear to ear as well seeing me.

"Mom! Dad! Mark!" I ran to them, feeling as ecstatic as ever.

"We missed you so much Sweety! Its great to have you back with us here in New York." my mum said, enclosing me in a bear hug.

"Me too! Was feeling very homesick." I said, giving her a squeeze.

"How is my super girl?" my dad asked with a broad smile.

"Doing great like my super dad!" I grinned, hugging him after mum.

"Wassup bro?" I asked Mark as we shared a sibling hug.

"Since my little sister is turning out to be beautiful, I have to babysit her by keeping boys at bay in school." he chuckled, stressing at the word 'little'.

"I don't know how to break this to you but we are just a year apart & that difference is considered to be negligible. We're in the same grade anyway" I taunted back. Ha Ha!

He opened his mouth to say something but dad interrupted,

"Okay kiddos! Lets get your luggage Andy."

I nodded. After getting my baggage, we exited the airport & headed towards our car.

"Lets get home quickly! I've made your favourite doughnuts Andy!" my mother said as she sat on the passenger seat next to dad while my brother & I occupied the back seat of the car.

Yummy Doughnuts! Yippiee!

"Dad, We might have to buy a bus since someone might turn fatter than a balloon by gulping desserts & not fit into this car." Mark said, giving me a teasing look.

I raised my brow at that, "How about I gift you a sharpener to sharpen you brains?"

I smirked when he frowned at me. He teased me further & I made sure to give it back to him again. And that's how we started bickering....as Usual! I saw our parents shaking their heads at our childishness. But Mark & I love it this way! And I gather majority of the sibling population in the world would nod their heads to this.

Well, before we move on, lets begin from the Beginning.

My name is Andrea Wilson. I am called 'Andy' by my closed ones. Even you can call me that! I'm seventeen years old while Mark is eighteen. But we are in the same grade anyway! Dad is a Financial Analyst while Mom runs a boutique. My family shifted to New York from Los Angeles last year but I went to Florida for a year to do my internship in a media company under the supervision of my Aunt Mary. Now that it is over, I am here to stay with my family & attend high school with Mark.

"Here we are!" mom said as we pulled up in front of our house.

Mark offered to carry my baggage to which I politely accepted & we all walked in through the front door into the living room. It was a three bedroom house with a lawn at the backside. There were two rooms on the upper floor, one for my parents & the other for me while the room downstairs was filled in by my brother.