Chapter Thirty Three: Will You Confess?

"And you have sneaked into my room as usual to copy my homework?"

I stood with a smirk plastered on my face at the door of my room. Mark looked gob smacked at being caught red-handed. He let go of my bag inside which he'd been searching for my Social Studies report.

"Y-You said you're going to the park." he said defensively.

"I changed my plans. Glad I did that. I'm not giving you my homework every time. You should pay attention in class. The professor had told us exactly how to prepare the report, what points to include & what not to include. Why didn't you bother to hear him out?" I sort of lectured him. Ha!

"For the record, even you don't pay attention in your Biology class & always copy Sophia's homework." he replied with a smug look.

I was stumped hearing that, feeling stupid. But then, I can't let him win this. Never.

"I admit but you will be in serious detention if you don't do this report. So watch what you say to me." I countered.

"Fine!" he rolled his eyes, "I will buy you your favorite ice-cream if you let me have a look at your report."

"I can't believe you're bribing me!!" I said disapprovingly, "But now that you did, I want a box of the costliest ice-creams."

"You will get me broke." He defended.

I smirked, shrugging.

"Fine. You have the deal." he muttered.

"Grab your car keys brother. First ice-cream, then report." I said, moving out.

And he did keep his side of deal & bought me a box of costliest & tastiest ice-creams. Yummy! Am I a devil? Its okay being one sometimes. Ha ha!

"Drake wouldn't let me copy his homework, you wouldn't let me copy yours. How cruel this world has turned into." Mark grumbled under his breath while driving back home.

I only heard the first part of his statement for obvious reasons.

"Well..ah, speaking of Drake, um, hasn't he ever had a proper girlfriend?" I asked carefully.

"Nope. Only flings which hardly last for few days!"

"So....he never said 'I love you' to any girl?"

"I love you?" he was amused, "Forget that, Drake hasn't even said 'I like you' to anyone. He runs away from commitment." My brother laughed.

"Ohh." I muttered in a small voice.

"But why are you asking these things about him? Are you in love with him?"

"Nooo! Never!!" I was alarmed big time.

Mark began to laugh, "Chill! Was just joking. The whole idea seems so insane anyway!"

"Yeah..." I responded, "And what about you & Gabrielle? Going strong?"

"Hardly. We broke up two days back."

"Why?" I was startled.

"The usual, things didn't work out."

"In other words, she dumped you?"

"We ended it mutually." he gave me a curt look.

I flashed the peace sign at him. We reached home soon after. And I gave him my report as my part of the deal.

"Don't copy word to word. Else both of us are screwed." I told him.

"No prob!" he replied.