Chapter Thirty Four: We've a Thing Between Us.

Its like 2 a.m. In other words, its two hours past midnight. In other words, I was supposed to be fast asleep, probably having a fairy tale dream (or even better, a One Direction dream!) but here I am sitting at my desk doing my detention work awarded by a certain Professor Smith for inventing blue smoke in the Chemistry lab.

5 more to go.

When you've to write a long experiment 50 times, you seriously wish that you had ten hands sprouting from your shoulders instead of two. No? At least I think that way.

4 more to go.

My handwriting grew shitter and shitter by every passing line as I began writing the experiment for the 47th time. Bet my writing could come across as some deadly mysterious code to the FBI. No kidding!

3 more to go.

 I wonder whether Drake managed to complete this or not. Well, to be honest, I couldn't put my entire focus on what I was writing. The feel of Drake's lips on mine were still lingering fresh as though he just kissed me three seconds ago....the feel of his touch sensually roamed my skin yet..

A while later, there was a knock on the door. And my brother strode inside.

"Man! You're still up." Mark said.

"Yeah, I might just leave my human form and turn into an owl some day. Yippee." I replied, writing the experiment one last time.

"You messed with someone like Mr. Smith. No wonder you guys are in such a shitty mess. Next time, try doing the experiment without any smoke or fire." he remarked.

"Never heard such kind words in my life. Thank you!" I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Fine, I will go. Better catch some sleep before sun is seen in the sky." he mumbled & left my room.

And yes, finally I was done with the detention work. Now, bed was the only thing I was capable to think of. I had just dropped on the bed like a tired log when my phone buzzed. Who in the Universe is calling now!!!

I had trouble keeping my eyes open but when I saw the name flashing on the screen, I sat bolt upright.

It was Drake.

 My heart skipped higher than ever when that sunk into my senses.

"Hello?" I answered carefully.

"What are you doing?" Drake's voice came from other end.

"Nothing much. Thinking of sleeping for a while cause I haven't done that since 48 hours. You?"

"I am outside your house."

"Ohh, wait..what?"

"Yeah, I'm waiting at your door. Come out!"

"Noo. I can't do that! Mark hasn't slept yet!"

"Bring him along then. I don't have anything private with you."

The sarcasm that rang in his voice, I tell you!

"Okay, I'm coming."

I disconnected the call & moved out of my room. It was dark. I tip toed downstairs like a thief. Making sure Mark was in his room & door of his room was closed, I sneaked outside the front door.

I didn't see Drake. I saw nobody for that matter. I walked a few steps ahead and looked here & there. No sign of him. I frowned hard. I hope Drake didn't expect me to play hide and seek with him at 3 a.m in the night. Actually, he isn't a guy who would be interested in hide and seek on the first place. I think he was joking when he said he was here. Damn!