Chapter 14 - Dicer

Training once again.
Everyday.
Every morning.
Early.
Heart beats with drops of sweat trickling down my face every few seconds.
Breathing pattern.
In and out . repeat.
Repeat
Burn
Burn
Don't stop

Training has become a daily routine to me these past two weeks, which has improved my state.
Loki's practically my partner in crime now, he's helpful is passing messages , getting things and attacking.
Sasha and I are the best of friends which makes me really happy...
But somehow.... me and Armin haven't joined ties......
Not that it bothers me of course...
But he's a little more.... distant... than usual.

"Anei Ackerman! Concentrate!" Levi commanded , shouting from the wooden bench that sat on the side of the field. Levi was pretty muscular for a short guy...... he was even determined to make me get abs.
My abs aren't as bulky though, but they're pretty good for a girl.... I'm pretty toned and just slightly bulky now , this hardcore training is slowly perfecting my stamina ,strength and speed to its finest.

I punched the bag again, bam, bam ,bam.
My arms burned as I forced my muscles to focus and do what I wanted.
105
106
107
108
109
110
I couldn't take anymore , I laid down on dry the ground. My breathing was deep and took time to go back to normal.
"That's it today kid, go and play" Levi interrupted as he ruffled my hair playfully. Ugh! And I was looking alright today too! I pouted sulking at him like a five year old and grumpily fixed my hair as he chuckled.

What are you ? Five ?

I'm 5 and a half , actually.
And what are you? A bitch?

Oh my god it's that voice again , can't it just leave me alone?!
It's incredibly annoying , I try and not talk to it , but it just keeps on talking.... even when I'm trying to sleep!
I keep on asking what it wants for the past few days , but it only replies with 'you will know when it's time for you to accept me'.

I don't get it.... I don't get anything.
I shrugged off the sad , curious thought , I needed to concentrate on what's current happening.... not on the future.
I worry too much if I do say so myself....
I think of stupid possibilities in the future that may not even happen.
It's okay through , I'll know in time.

The heat beat onto my glazed sweaty skin as I wiped my forehead with a cool damp towel. On cue , my stomach grumbled lowly. I took my necklace and blew into it, a sharp whistle sound escaped from the jewel , calling for Loki.
I went back to the nice old lady in the jewellery shop who engraved on jewels and asked her to make my jewel as a hidden whistle, she gladly do so ,it costed much but it was worth it.

I focused my hearing into the distance , a faint sound of beating feathers with the bass of wings was heard. I held out my arm and formed my skin into leather like scales all across it thickly.
I heard distant squawk before I saw Loki swooping gracefully across the baby blue skies and fluffy clouds , getting ready to quickly land on my fore arm.

The bird of prey headed straight for my arm and dug its razor claws deep into my human flesh. Loki rubbed his small head against my ear , making me giggle at the tickling sensation.

A small bag hung from his beak , ah yes. "Good birdy......" I praised him as I took out a bit of meat from my pocket, he greedily pecked and swallowed it quickly. He squawked in approval and placed the small bag that hung from his black hooked beak into my hands.

I nodded a thanks as he climbed to the crook of my shoulder, casually sitting there and resting his large wings. I opened the bag, there was some cheese , fruit and a bread roll with a sack of water.
I gulped down the refreshing water as the comforting coldness went down my throat. I sighed satisfied as I sat down on the bench and nibbled on my food slowly as my thoughts trailed off.