Promise

Angie POV 

Welp. I did it. I stood up for what was right. Im just not sure if it was the best thing for me, but I couldnt just let little Lilo go to foster care never to see her daddy again. After the trial me and kristen left out to go meet the social worker at her car to get Lilo and her belongings to put in my car. As soon as we open the doors a huge load of reporters and poparatzzi came rushing us down, bombarding us with a million and one questions! I was too overwhelmed I have never had anything like this happen before. Kristen was clinging on tight to my arm as she was shouting at them not to ask me questions and to back off, but all I could do is stare around in awe at all the attention. I couldnt help but think to myself, 'damn all this because of Larry Bourgeois being convicted. This shit is crazy.' We finally get through the crowd after the detective that interrogated me and a few officers ordered them to leave. Me and Kristen made our way to the Social worker's car across the lot. 

Ad: Hello Angela, Im Adrien Davis im the social worker for Lilo. 

A: (holds out hand to shake) Hi. You can also call me Angie and this is my friend Kristen Moore. Me and her work together at the hospital on Jonestown Avenue. 

Ad: Oh! So your physicians? 

K: I am, she's an OB/GYN Nurse who of course is making her way to the top! (puts hands around Angie) 

Ad: Well im glad to hear that. And this sweet little girl is Lilo Marie Bourgeois. (puts hands on Lilo shoulders) 

Angie and Kristen looked down at Lilo as she looked blankly in silence. She was so beautiful, the most beautiful little girl that Angie has laid eyes on. The sun was shining bright in her little face so she was making a funny expression to show her discomfort. Angie knelt down to her level and spoke to her. "Hey Lilo. My name is Angie. Im going to be taking care of you for a while. Is that okay? She said nothing. Angie looked back up at Kristen for assistance, but she just shrugged her shoulders. "Well your gonna be at my house okay. Its really big and I have some toys for you that my niece play with. You like to play with dolls? This time she nodded. "Yea you like dolls? Well I have plenty. Angela then looked over her shoulder because she suddenly heard more comotion on the other side of the lot. It was the poparatzzi and reporters again except this time they were all in Larry's face. He hung his head low as the two officers were escorting him to the cop car. Angie felt extreme sadness but didnt allow Lilo to see it. She turned back around to face her. "Hey do you like cookies? I have some at my house. We can bake them tonight before bed and watch some TV how does that sound?" Angie was expecting Lilo to just nod her head again, but this time she gave a small grin showing her small baby teeth and vigoursly nodded her head up and down to show her happiness. Angela grabbed Lilo by her hand and they walked to her car with her stuff. Angela was putting Lilo in her carseat of her car when one of the officers came to her.

O: Hellow ma'am?

A: Yes sir? Is there a problem?

O: No. No problem Larry just wants to speak with you. Do you have a moment?

A: Um...Yes..Yes I do. Where is he?

O: This way ma'am.

The officer ushered her to one of the squad cars. It was being guarded on either side by officers. She was sure it was to keep Larry from escaping. The officer that came for Angie gave them an order to relax and let her sit in the passenger seat of the car to talk to Larry, Who was handcuffed in the back. Angie slowly slid down in the seat very afraid to find out how this conversation was going to go. It seemed like everytime this week she has been within a few feet of Larry he has always attacked her. It was pretty fucked up how the officers were allowing him to have time with her again without giving it a second thought. 

L: They finally got me huh? 

Angie was confused at Larry's comment. 'Is that what he really chose as his first thing to say?' 

A: Well...I guess. 

L: Look I no gonna keep you in here long. I just need you to know some things. 

A: Okay. What are they? 

L: Well. First is. Thank you for take care of my daughter. It was brave what you did. You didnt have to say anything but you did. 

A: Larry I couldnt just let her go to foster care. It wouldnt have been right. I mean I live alone, theres no one at my house with me, I have a steady job so she can go to daycare while I work....look. *sigh* All im saying is. She's gonna be WELL taken care of. So no worries okay? 

L: Yea. I no worry at all. I trust you....(makes face) Oh my God I cant believe I just say that.. 

Angie laughed at him. She thought it was cute how he think he messed up. 

A: Its fine larry. You should trust me. Oh werent there other things you wanted to say? 

L: Yea. This is really important so listen. Okii? 

A: okay 

L: .....I dont know how long I be in here okii..I no know when I get out, but I know its not soon, so. I need to make sure that you take care of Lilo like you take care of child everyday. Like she yours. I want her to go to school and be smart. Be better than me. She need to grow up, and be smart so she can get good job like you. I dont need her getting mixed up into shit like me. Keep her from it as long as you can help it. Oh yea and another thing most important (Angie leaned in closer looking at him)....please keep her away from boys! 

Angie couldnt help but get a huge laugh at that one. She drew attention from the officers outside the vehicle. It made her sad how he was pleading for Lilo's life to go well in her custody but his last comment dried the tears. She bid her farewell to him as she got out of the car and headed to hers. The social worker was standing by her car comforting Lilo through the window as she sat there waitng. Angie got in her car and adjusted her mirrors preparing to drive away. When she got to her rear view mirror, she glanced upon Lilo's face. She was sitting in her carseat looking out the window with tears streaming down her little face, and her small little hand waving out the window. When Angie looked in the direction she was waving she saw the squad car turned to the side with Larry in the backseat he glanced towards Angie's car then put his head down. Lilo continued to wave until they were off the lot. " Bye-bye daddy." She said in her little voice. Angie's heart was crushed.