Just a Friend

Larry POV 

I wake up on the couch the next morning at like 7am. Ugh..I feel like shit. I must have had like six shots and three blunts back to back. Well at least I think I had three, I dont know Pom was rollin'em up like a relay race so I just went with it. I remember some things last night but not much. My crew we walk up in the club like stars. Immediately the atmosphere changes because everybody know who we are and not to fuck with us. All the females stare at me and my bro while they whisper. I even noticed some from back in the day me and my bro would fuck and then pass around the crew. Anyway we dance a little and drink some smoke some. Shid it was a cool ass night! I just wish I remeber more. The last thing I remember was gettin some head from a little cutie in one of the back rooms. I no remember her name but she sure can swallow some wood! I slowly wake up as my vision is blurry when I first open my eyes. I groan and stretch out my back. It was sore as hell. I turn my head to focus in the kitchen to see my baby eating her cereal. I get up and go to kiss her until my path is disrupted by Angie. She really dressed up...where she go looking like that? 

L: Good morning baby. (Kiss forehead)....mornin. 

LL: Mornin papa! 

A: (rolls eyes) Mornin to you too. You hungry? 

L: Uh...Yea I guess. (sits down at table) 

A: Well make it yourself. Me and Lilo goin to church this morning I aint got time to cook. 

L: Then why did you ask me if I was hungry? 

A: All you got to do is go in the cabinet get a bowl, grab cereal from on top of the fridge, and fix yo cereal. (slams cereal on table) 

L: Can you make me a bowl I gotta pee. 

A: Oh negative me and Lilo are heading out, and we dont say 'pee' in this house. What do we say baby? 

LL: We say you gotta go to the bathroom! 

A: Exactly. Go to the garage and get in the car. 

LL: Okay mommy. 

Lilo trotted away to the door leading to the garage and went through it. She was wearing one of the many church dresses that Angela's mother bought for her. It was a black and grey plaid dress with a black longsleeve cardigan, white stockings, black shoes, and hair slick back in a pony tail allowing her poofy curls to fall down her back. Angie was still in the kitchen preparing to walk out with her purse until Larry stoped her at the door. 

L: Hey Angie wait. 

A: Wait for what Larry? You gonna make us late for sunrise service what is it? 

L: Look about last night I- 

A: Hey! that was last night. I dont care about that anymore. Whats in the past is in the past. Its over. Now we will talk again later about this but right now I need my Jesus because he is calling my name. Bye. 

Larry let her hand go as she went into the garage to her car. The automatic garage door lifted and the car pulled out leaving Larry to stare at it, longing for it to stay. 

Larry did nothing since Lilo and Angie left for church. He just sat there and played madden for two hours straight. He didnt want the cereal Angie had put out for him so he made himself some eggs and toast. He eventually got really bored and decided to lay down on the couch for a nap. But as soon as he layed down he heard the keys on the other side of the garage door. He poped up in excitement but made sure he didnt show it on his face. He didnt want Angie to think he missed her. "Hey daddy. We back from the church!" Lilo shouted coming through the door. Larry opened his arms expecting a hug from her but instead she ran up to her room. She liked to get dressed up but she was ready to change into play clothes and go outside with the neighborhood kids. "Hey Larry." Angie said to him. "Hey" He replied. He sat on the couch like he was contemplating something. Angie didnt say anything to invite conversation so she walked up the stairs to her room. When she got up there she put her purse on a chair in the corner and began to remove jewlry and her jacket while she hummed some hymm sang at church that morning. She put her head up and looked at the doorway to find Larry posted up against her doorframe. Again.