Playin it safe

Angela POV 

When I seen what I did on the news I had to inform my girls about it. There was no way in hell we were going to that club tonight and gettin attacked by a gang leader and his frisky crew. I wasnt having it. They were understanding and im glad for it. Besides all we were gonna do at the club was sit in VIP and have some shots and drink wine. Maybe dance a little. Im not much of a dancer my life is too busy. And I figured we could do all that good stuff at my place anyway. 

All the ladies arrived at Angie's place with their own bottle of wine. Angie had finger snacks on a platter for them to munch on while they waited for pizza. It was always a party when these ladies were together and it made Angie smile when they were. Five successful black women. Doin right and enjoying life. 

J: Ooo girl! This wine is hittin the spot child! Mhm 

K: Yes ma'am I know thats right Angie you better watch out girl I might have to take this bottle home with me. 

A: Girl please you and Janice wouldnt dare. Shoot I work to hard for my money to let you two little crazy chicks steal my wine! 

They all get into an uproar of laughter. The door bell rang an hour later for pizza and by now they were all a bit tipsy. They decided to allow Janice, the crazy one, to open the door. When she did she greeted the pizza guy with a loud "Heeeyy! Boy how you doin?" She made the rest of the girls in the background in the house die in laughter. They tried their hardest to hold it in but after a few minutes of the pizza guy's torture from Janice, Angie had to step in and put an end to the foolishness. She payed the guy and let him go, turning back around with 4 boxes of large pizzas that quickly got hounded by four hungry grown women. 

                                                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hours later most of the pizza was gone and the girls had been through a scary movie, a comedy, and a chick flick. Their night wasnt completely over until Janice decided on a dance session. She didnt forget to bring her strobe light and funky neon glasses. She was always full of fun and the entire group loved her crazy antics. She always kept them laughing and smiling. They turned off the lights and played some music, dancing around with neon glasses that were too oversized for their faces. It made them laugh like complete weirdos but Angie was very happy with how the night was turning out. The jam session was suddenly interrupted by a buzz from Gwen's phone, one of Angie's friends. She turned the music off for a second as she answered her phone. "Hello?.......uh huh....yea......okay so yea.....oh my god...no. The girls started to get closer to her as her face changed to anxiety. Oh no gosh I-Im so so sorry. So whats next? Janice was getting anxious and spoke "what is it girl?" "Shh." Gwen waved her down. She continued talking. "Okay...yea thanks..okay we will iron out the details on Monday Lisa okay? Im so sorry honey, again really. I know he was your baby...okay honey love you too. Bye bye. The rest of the girls began to sit around the living room of Angie's place with slump expressions on their faces. Gwen turned around and found Angie's TV remote turning to the news channel. "Honey whats going on?" Angie asked concerned. Gwen kept her eyes to the television and responded, "this girl." 

Hi this is Karen Stevens, News 14 Los Angeles. I am here with the evening crime report. I am standing in front of the Pajay's Club on the corner of Liberty and 3rd street and here tonight a crime has been comitted. By who you might ask, well you've guessed it Criminals Crew. As was said earlier this morning it is on these streets that Criminals Crew tend to attack. They struck here tonight at around 10:30pm. Some outside sources say that while they were inside no problems were being held for hours on end until a fight broke out between one of the Les Twins and Stephan Jordan. As this picture here shows young Stephan here was a highschool graduate earlier today at Finton High and on this night, he had planned to go out with some friends to celebrate. However, to his misfortune a small scuffle with one of the Criminals Crew members earned him a meeting with one of the Leaders that ended with young Stephan Jordan being shot in the chest multiple times. Our heart goes out to his mother Lisa Jordan who was a single mother to both her boys Stephan the oldest and youngest, Shawn. A strong salute goes out to Mrs. Jordan with the loss of her son, again we send our condelences to her as she continues to raise her youngest one. This has been News 14. I am Karen Stevens. 

Gwen turned off the TV. They all sat in silence as some of them shed a tear or two until Gwen broke the silence. "He was one of my clients. He was doing so well with his emotions and academics. I-I d..dont...*sigh*..I dont know what happened. She spoke as she tried to fight back tears. "We always did struggle with his attitude." On that last remark from Gwen the ladies decided to call it a night and left Angie's house. She said her farewells to each one of the ladies as they left and locked the door behind them. She turned around to take a look at the living room. It was a total mess with the pizza boxes all over the coffee table, empty soda cans sitting around along with wine bottles and glasses in the sink. Angie just shook her head, "I will clean it tomorrow." She trudged to her room and lazily threw on some clothes to sleep in. She layed in her bed staring up at the ceiling as she reminiced on the night. The thought about that young boy Stephan. She rolled up out of bed and got on her knees and threw up a quick prayer to heaven for his mother and little brother. After she finished she jumped back into bed and attempted to sleep, but all she could think of was what happened to poor Stephan. That could have been her or one of her girls tonight. Thank goodness they played it safe and stayed in the night.