chapter 30: heartbroken

Chapter 30! Halfway through part one! 

Enjoy!

*Tam POV*

I stare at the wall in shock. I've been doing this for the past few weeks. I can't believe Marella would break up with me. We were doing just fine. 

I guess there was something up with her.

She would sometimes act strange randomly. I don't know what it was. It started about a month ago, on our four month anniversary. She would always be on her phone, with guilty look on her face. It was like she was cheating. But I know she didn't cheat.

I'm sad. Broken. Yes.

But not as sad as I should be.

...

"You okay?" Linh creaks the door open.

"Yeah."

"Do you want to talk about it?" she walks in.

"Kind of, actually," I scoot over so that she can join me on my black bed. 

"Spill. What happened?" 

"Well, I was in a good mood. The game went really well, and coach was impressed. Then, Marella pulled me aside and broke up with me. I don't know what I did wrong!" I pull at my hair, and Linh puts a hand on my shoulder. 

"Tam. Marella broke up with you because she knew you were better off with someone else. She knew that there was someone better for you."

"But I thought she liked me!"

"She did. And the memories you made together is the only thing that matters. But she moved on. I think you should too."

"But I want her!" I cry.

"No you don't."

Curveball alert.

"What?"

"You don't."

"I don't?"

"You like her, but not deeply. You liked her in your head, but not in your heart."

"Then who do I like in my heart?"

"I think you need to have a talk with the master of relationships."

"Biana?"

"Yep."

...

*Linh POV*

"Thanks for dinner, Cyrah," I thank our babysitter.

Now it might sound weird for a couple of teenagers to have a babysitter, but it's true. Tam calls her our bodyguard, but she's really not.

My parents left us when we were in grade ten, and they left us the house, enough money to buy anything we could ever want, and they hired a jewelry maker to take care of us. At least they pay the bills.

"Thank you, Linh," she clicks her tongue. "You know, you guys really need to meet my husband and son. You guys would get along so nicely."

"I wish we could," I say softly. I've always wondered about Cyrah. She always seems in her own world. Once I finish doing the dishes, I head upstairs. I'm headed to my room, but once I walk past Tam's I hear voices inside. It sounds like he's calling someone. The door's cracked, so I pick up on the conversation.

"So she just dumped you?" Biana's voice comes out of the phone.

"Yeah."

"I think she was guilty. She told me that Ryan was sending her pictures."

"He has!? That little- she didn't block him!?!?! She was right. We would be better off as friends." Tam recovers from his yelling fit. "Well have you broken up with him?"

I slap my forehead. 

Someone's hopeful.

"No. I'm going to confront him about it."

That's not going to end well. 

Especially if me and Sophie join her.

"Are you okay? If Marella cheated, I would be really upset."

Aww, they are totally perfect for each other!

Just like Sophie and Keefe!

My fangirl insides are exploding!!!!

Abort! Abort!

I would stay and listen longer, but I can't do it without squealing. My guess is that they are comforting each other. Biana really brings out Tam's emotional side, something only I could do. 

I throw my desk drawer open and grab my phone. I do the touch ID then start texting Sophie violently:

Sophie! We need to make a ship name for Tam and Biana!

Oh my gosh! I've never thought of that! Totally cute!!!! Okay, let's see... Bam?

Ehh...

?????

TIANA

TIANA!!!!

TIANA

TIANA

TIANA

Okay, let's stop. But that's perfect!

Great! I'm going to eavesdrop again!

Okay... bye!

I skip back to Tam's room, just in time to catch them saying goodbye.

"Thanks, Biana, it means a lot. I feel so much better."

"No problem! I'm an expert! It was great talking to you, but I have to go eat! Bye!

"Bye!" I watch Tam sigh, and flop back onto his bed. 

Oh yeah. Mission get Tiana together is a go.