chapter 17: drooly boys

Enjoy! Not gonna lie, Jensi kinda looks like my cousin...

*Sophie POV*

"Dodododododo do dododo," I hum quietly to myself. Truth is, I'm in a great mood after the incident with Keefe, and although I'm embarrassed, (and totally not ready to face Keefe), I'm feeling good! "Dododododododododododododdodod do dodododo do do do," I observe my surroundings and go quiet for a second. Luckily for me, my timing is uncanny, and I hear the most beautiful voice come from one of the empty rooms. I listen harder.

"... but I watch your eyes as she walks by... what a sight for sore eyes... brighter than a blue sky... she's got you mesmerized..." 

"It's Biana, she's probably filming a TikTok," someone says, walking past. They must have noticed me, frozen in my tracks. I'm not convinced.

"... while I die..." by the time she gets to the chorus, I'm already outside the door. "Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty, you gave her you sweater, it's just polyester, but you like her better,  wish I were Heather..."

Huh? Who's Heather? Heather doesn't go to our school. Seems a little personal though...

"No, Dino nuggets are the best! They're S tier! What does that mean?!?! IT MEANS they're the best! Yeah, they're better than that!"

"Better than what?" I say, turning around.

"Better than everything, you idiot!" I can't say I'm not surprised to find Dex the source of those words. "Oh, hey Sophie..." we look at each other awkwardly. "This is Jensi," he gestures beside him, to the boy I assume he was arguing with. I extend my hand, and he shakes it nervously. "And this is Valin," he gestures to a greasy-looking?  dude and I stick out my hand to him, which he takes eagerly. "And these, are the Drooly Boys, as they have dubbed themselves," he gestures to a pack of around four kids, and I immediately understand the name. No offense. 

"Hello," I wave timidly.

"Hi."

"Are you guys juniors?"

"Yeah," someone says, very fast and cheerfully. "We're actually in a lot of Dex's classes! We're all like, really tight!"

"Uhhh... nice?"

"Yeah!"

"What class are you headed to now?"

"Chemistry with Dex!"

"Fun."

"Have a good day!"

"You too..." with that he trots away, his clique behind him. 

What was that? It's like Jensi's on double speed or something. Did he have too much coffee this morning?

I shake it off and head to my locker to put my stuff away.

"Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty, you gave her your sweater..." I switch off humming and singing softly to myself. "...wish I were Heather..."

Hope you like it! 

Not edited.