chapter 40: skiing with the crew

*Keefe POV*

"There is no way I'm doing this," Foster says, staring out at the steep slope below us. 

"Come on! It's fun!" Linh starts going down the hill really fast. 

"That's not helping!" she calls out after her. 

"Just try it!" Marella copies Linh. 

"I already said that's not helping..." she sighs. 

"Let's go down together," I suggest. She raises an eyebrow. 

"Knowing you, I would probably die. Or have a near death experience," she shudders. "Wouldn't want another one of those."

I start to ask what she means, but then decide against it. "Fair decision." I ski down the hill, leaving her at the top. "Sorry!" I yell, turning towards her. I slam into a tree. 

"You okay?" I hear Foster yell, trying to walk down the hill.

"I'm good! Don't do that, you're going to-" I'm cut off by a scream, "actually start going down..." I rub my head and continue skiing, trying to cut her off before she ends up going all the way to a different slope. 

"HELP MEEEEEEE!" she wails, flailing around.

Who's idea was this again?

"That hurt." Foster presses the ice pack to her forehead.

"If you keep sitting in front of the fire, that ice is gonna melt," Dex points out.

"Right!" she moves in front of the heater. 

"That's not really..." 

"I have to stay warm somehow!" she protests.

"Put on a sweatshirt," Biana throws a hoodie at her. Foster pushes it away from her face. 

"Where did you get this from?"

"The store. Put the dang thing on!"

"Thanks!" she pulls the sweatshirt over her long-sleeved shirt. "This is nice!" she rubs her arms.

"I bought it, what do you expect?" Foster shrugs and continues to warm herself up. 

"Hahaha! Oh my- how in the...?" 

"Whatcha watching?" 

"Keefe run into a tree and Sophie scream like an idiot."

*Dex POV*

*Dex POV*

I slide down the hill at the same time as Fitz. I'm clumsy, but not as bad as I expected. Going  down almost smoothly, I get to the flat part of the course and look behind me, shielding my eyes from the sun with my hand. 

Sophie's talking to Keefe, okay, she hasn't died yet... Keefe's going down, and... 

I let out a burst of laughter as Keefe slams into the tree and look to Marella, "you're getting this on video, right?"

She nods and I turn back to the action. Sophie's walking down the slope... oh no, she's gonna slide. Okay, hey! she might make it! Oh, nope.

"SOMEONE HELP MEEEE!" she shrieks as she goes uncontrollably down the hill. Marella laughs behind me as I try to help Sophie when she gets to the bottom, but then I see Keefe coming down the hill. 

"Collision time," I mutter. Keefe tries to block her from coming down too hard (that boy needs a brain) but instead runs into her from behind, causing them to go falling down the rest of the way. They are almost to the bottom when Keefe's ski hits Sophie in the head. 

"Owww!"

"Not my fault!" 

"I never said it was your fault!"

"Well it isn't." They stand up, brushing snow off themselves, and Marella snaps a picture of them.

"Okay, good."

"What do you mean okay? Are you okay?"

"Yes, Keefe, I'm fine," Sophie sighs. "Might need an ice pack, though."