chapter 34: t-swift

*Sophie POV*

"Karaoke time!" Biana flies over to the microphones and untangles the wires. "Sophie, be a dear and help your best friend out." I leave the group and help Biana untangle the cords. 

"How did you even manage to get them tangled like this?"

"It was Biana," Fitz comes and helps us. "She always will sing at random times in the day. She says it's practice for drama," he rolls his eyes.

"I bet it pays off," I finally untangle the cords and hand Biana the mic to plug into her machine. 

"It does. Who wants to start?" Fitz holds up the microphone like a prize.

"Me!" Biana grabs the mic greedily. "Okay, DJ Biana, play 'You Belong with Me'," Biana commands herself, clicking around on her computer. "What is happening?"

"Do you need help?" Dex goes over to her and does some techy stuff on her laptop as Fitz and I go back to the semi-circle.

"Oh, there we go! I'm good now, thank you," Dex returns to her seat as the music starts playing. 

"You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset, she's goin' off about something that you said, 'cause she doesn't get your humor like I do..."

We all sit there, enjoying the performance, (which Linh says is directed towards Tam), (which I  believe). 

"Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you, been here all along, so why can't you se-e-e you belong with me-e-e!"

Oh yeah. Definitely about Tam. 

The song ends and we all give her a standing ovation. Tam looks... well, it's hard to describe. He looks regretful, but also like he's had a life changing epiphany... 

Welp. Linh and Biana's teachings can only get me so far. 

Speaking of Linh, she's up next. She starts singing, and it's beautiful. Like an angel. 

"Linh's really good."

"Yeah, she's very talented in the arts," Tam whispers.

"Oh really? What else does she do?" I sound more surprised than I really am.

"She plays the piano, she loves painting, and she's a really good dancer."

"I didn't know Linh did a sport."

"She doesn't. Ballet is an art."

"Yeah, but does she compete?"

"Yeah," Tam raises his voice.

"Then it's a sport!" I yell accidently, ruining Linh's performance. "Oh, sorry about that..." I blush.

"What's a sport?" Marella asks.

"Ballet."

"Then it depends on the circumstan-" Dex starts, but is cut off by Fitz.

" A sport, by definition is: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment."

"And ballet is that!" I protest.

"You know what, I don't play sports so I'm just gonna stay out of this..." Dex separates himself from the group and pulls out a book.

"No, they aren't going head to head! It's being judged, then compared to others!" Tam argues.

"Is gymnastics a sport?" Marella asks, trying to fuel the argument, (which she does successfully.)