chapter 24: the proposal

I love this chapter so much!!! Here's the sokeefe fluff you've been demanding! 

Enjoy!

*Sophie POV*

"So, Foster," Keefe helps me climb into his black SUV, "how do you feel about lying to your parents, saying that Fitz and Biana are with us?"

"Guilty. But everyone's going to be at the arcade. And at least I have an escort," I point out. 

Grady and Edaline were at the game, of course, but they got an emergency call for a horse, so once I was in Elwin's care, they left. 

"True, true," he looks at me from the driver's seat, "and a responsible one at that," he winks.

I punch him playfully in the shoulder, "you wish."

We pull out of the parking lot and start driving through the night. Everything seems so different. We wizz past the trees and houses, the lights inside stretching like lines across the tinted car window. 

"When you're driving, do you ever feel like you're in a music video?" I ask randomly. I guess the scenery put the idea in my head. 

"All the time," Keefe stares out onto the road. "It's a lot like the time I was in a music video."

SJHGVJOOESMRBJOE?!!? This kid was in a music video?!?!?!

"Huh," I grunt instead. 

Keefe turns up the radio, and jam out together for the remainder of the way.

"Oh my gosh!!! Sophie, are you okay?" Biana, Linh, and Marella rush towards me the second I get out of the car.

"Yeah, guys, I'm alright."

"Are you sure? Let me see your ankle," Linh bends down and rolls up my sweats to my mid calf, and starts poking at my injury.

"How was the game?" Marella asks.

"Good actua- OWWWW Linh, that hurt," I look down at my ankle.

"Oh my gods, I made it worse!" 

"No, no, you just touched a tender spot." I turn back to the car and mouth 'help me' to Keefe, who chuckles and shakes his head. I stick my tongue out at him and face back to my friends. 

"Hey, Sophie, Marcus said you played well," Fitz walks towards me with Tam and Dex. 

I blush. "Yeah, he asked if once I'm healed I would train with you guys a little."

"Really? No one's ever had an opportunity like that."

"Well, I guess since I'm new, I attracted some attention?" I suggest, though it sounds more like a question.

"Come on, guys, let's go!" Biana appears at the entrance to the arcade. We all rush in, (except for me and Keefe, I walk and he helps me) and pay for little game cards. *I've never been to a real arcade, someone help me out here* 

"That'll be $21.03," the guy at the counter says, and Biana hands him a twenty and a five. 

"Keep the change." 

We head over to the games and start playing. Dex and Linh go to the PACMAN machine, Biana to the claw, Marella and Tam to the ice hockey table, and Keefe to the vending machine. Now that I see him there, I realize that I'm actually really hungry. I follow him over and swipe my card, choosing a ring pop. Keefe's eyes light up when he sees it.

"Sophie Elizabeth Foster, will you make me the happiest man alive," Keefe gets on both knees, "and trade me your ring pop for my dinosaur ring!!" he wails. "Pleasee," he gives me the puppy eyes. I blush. That boy. I could really fall for him- WAIT- WHAT!?!?!?!

"Yes, Keefe," I roll my eyes, shaking out of my thoughts. He gets up, standing so close that our toes are touching, and slides the dinosaur ring on my finger. My breath catches in my throat. 

"Thanks Foster," he says, his breath warm on my cheeks. I blush, and open my mouth to speak when Keefe backs away and turns to face the rest of the group, who are all standing there, phones out. 

Dang they got it on video. Curse you Biana, stopping your games to spy on me!

"So, curly fries, or normal fries, cause I'm hungry?"

Did you guys like it??!!?! Or was is too cheesy?