quarantine diaries: text messages

March 14.1:02AM

Keefe: hey

Sophie: It's one in the morning Keefe, what do you want?

Keefe: your attention

Sophie: Aww, that's cute, but let me sleep!

Keefe: fine

Sophie: Thank you! Night!

Keefe: night, Foster

~end of conversation~

March 25.7:09 PM

Linh: Hey Dex, we need to talk...

Dex: About what?

Linh: Our relationship...

Dex: What do you mean, Linh?

Linh: I know it's only been a week or two, but I can't do this anymore! I can't do 'long' distance. I'm sorry.

Dex: Umm... it's fine. I get it. Thanks for being a great girlfriend. I was lucky to have you.

Linh: You still do! Just as a friend.💙

Dex: What made you do it all of a sudden? What made you not want to date me anymore?

Linh: You are such a great guy, but over this break, I realized that I don't feel as attracted to you as I did when we started dating. I don't know how it happened, but... it did. I'm sorry.

Dex: Oh, okay. Bye, Linh.

Linh: Goodbye! Have a great week! Can't wait to see you on the Facetime call!

~end of conversation~

March 31.1:02 AM

Biana: hey tammy

Tam: hey

Biana: I miss you soooooooooooo much!!!!!!!

Tam: Me tooooooo

Biana: I can't wait to kiss you again!!! 

Tam: ME NEITHER!!!!!

Biana: Aww, babe, you're so cute!

Tam: Not as cute as you 

Biana: Stop it!

Tam: Nope

Biana: Awwwwww... anyways, I made collabed with Linh and designed my first piece!

Tam: No way! What is it!

Biana: Linh told me about a little incident... she said you were in an online class about science, and the teacher was talking about shadows and stuff, and then Linh told me about how the teacher was doing a meditation exercise and saying 'happy shadow thoughts' and we thought that it would make an amazing t-shirt!

Tam: That little-

Biana: It's hot pink and has huge sparkly letters with tons of smiley faces! And the back says 'angry echoes beware'.

Tam: She was totally spying on me. Oh- Linh needs me! Got to go! Love you! 

Biana: No she doesn't. Whatever, love you!

~end of conversation~

April 10.3:04PM

//audio tape//

*clicking noise*

*ringing phone*

"Hello?"

"Hello, my name is Natalie Muller, I'm calling about an art scholarship to Pratt Institute in NY. Your father contacted our school with submissions of your artwork and I am truly amazed. This is a full scholarship for four years starting in a few months when the term starts. You can commute from your current school, or you can be in person. Your choice, sir."