chapter 31: your ex is my ex

*Biana POV*

I hang up with Tam; feeling refreshed. 

"Who were you talking to?" Fitz pops his head around the corner.

"Tam. He needed relationship advice."

"Tam?" Fitz raises his eyebrows, "relationship advice? I heard that correctly, right?"

"Yes, Fitz. He just broke up with Marella. He feels better now," I say, putting away all my schoolwork.

"Okay... well, it's time for dinner."

"Okay!" I rush past Fitz to get to the table first. "What's for dinner, Mom?"

"Filet mignon."

"Yesss! Wait- aren't we vegan?"

Mom laughs, "no, Fitz is off that diet."

"Steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak, steak..."

...

I clutch my backpack so my sides. 

No! Confidence! One side of my brain tells me.

Umm, being cheated on doesn't really help your ego! The other side argues.

CONFIDENCE!

Fine, whatever. But if I'm humiliated, it's your fault!

Deal.

Deal.

Sucking in a breath, I walk down the hall towards Ryan. I'm almost there, when I pass Sophie and Keefe; Sophie is talking about something, while Keefe is looking at her with pure joy (and is that love?) in his eyes. 

They make it look so easy.

It's funny how the one who knows nothing about boys is the one with the healthiest relationship.

And they're not even dating!

Shaking out of my thoughts, I wave. Sophie waves back. 

"Where you going?" she asks.

"To confront my soon to be ex," I say haughtily.

"Oh," she says plainly. But I can tell she's excited about something. I narrow my eyes at her and she whips out her phone. "Uh, bye!"

"Bye!" 

I continue on with my quest.

"Hey babe," Ryan slides next to me.

"Hey babe," I give him a little kiss on the cheek. 

"Wanna hit the cafe today?" he asks sweetly.

"Aww, sorry, I'm busy," I coo mockingly.

"Doing what?" he demands rudely.

Ugh, dramatic. Give me some space, boy. Why did I get with this guy in the first place?

"Breaking up with you."

And with that, I strut away, leaving that selfish jerk stunned.

Remember kids, if you want to break up with your cheating significant other, do it in a savage way. 

Mic drop. 

...

"Hey, Marella," I say nervously. She was about to get on the bus, but I stopped her. "We need to talk."

...

*Marella POV*

Oh oh. Busted.

"Look, Biana, I'm so sorry, I should have told you the moment I got those messages. Please forgive me," I plead.

To my surprise, all she does is laugh. "It's okay. Better late than never. So, we're good right? Ryan sucks, we're still friends, we're over our boyfriends, forgive and forget. Is that all?"

"Yep." 

That went smoother than expected.

"Your ex is my ex!"

"Yeah, screw Ryan! Nobody likes a cheater!"