Big Sis

Kiyokos pov

I watched as the Big hand on the clock reach seven. He should be here soon. Then right on cue I heard a loud knock on the door. I opened it and there stood the young leader himself with a big smile on his face.

"Big sis" he yelled wrapping his arms around my waist. I smiled at patted his head fondly. I found his antics odd when we first met but now I can't help but love his strange qualities. I feel so protective over this boy. I don't know what I'd do if he ever got hurt.

"Umm big sis your still hugging me" kokichi mumbled

"oh of course" I said letting the boy go. He grinned at me.

"you know it was pretty hard getting up to you. I really had to convince mondo and chihiro to let me go alone."

"hmm they must really care about you."

"i know it's weird!"

"oh that's right you didn't get along with your classmates did you?"

"nope! They hated me!" he smiled when he said that but I could tell that his smile was fake.

"well  I can assure you that everyone loves and cares about you kokichi" he smiled again and this time it was genuine. He dropped a bag he was carrying, opened it and pulled out a bunch of mistary novels.

"found them in the library. I figured we could read together!"

"that sounds like a wonderful idea"

I picked up a book that took my fancy and plopped down on the bed. Kokichi lay next to me snuggling into my side. This whole sence felt very familiar. I felt a sharp pain in my head as a memory forced its way in.

A boy with messy violet hair was laying next to who I believed was me but I looked younger. Maybe eleven or twelve? She was reading him a mistary novel. The boy sighed.

"I wish we could do this more often Big sis"

"I know kid buts it's important for our family that I take on these cases"

"yeah yeah I get it your an awesome detective! I wish I was half as talented as you!"

"hey" the younger me looked him in the eyes. "you are talented and smart and one day your going to make us all very proud adachi."

"adachi!" I yelled earning me a confused look from kokichi.

"who?"

"adachi my little bother I think"

"how do you not remember your brothers name?"

"I've forgotten at lot of thing" I admitted "the only thing I can remember with 100% certainly is my name"

"just like rantaro" kokichi said, his tone  more serious "do you think they did this"

"it's definitely a possibility" I pondered "the one thing I noticed in those memories though is that I didn't spend much time with adachi"

"well you could always make up for lost time once you get out" kokichi said reassuringly.

I smiled and patted his head "I suppose your right little one and once we've escaped I promise to introduce you to him"

"alright" kokichi giggled.

That's right. I have to get out of this place and make things right with my brother!