First Motive

Mokotos pov

It's hard to believe that we've been trapped in this school for five days now. No police or anything anything has come to save us. I can't help but feel hopeless when I think about that. Has everyone forgot about us?

"hey makoto you feeling OK?" hina asked worriedly. It had become a routine for us to check the school in groups for an exit. I usually go around with sayaka but being trapped in the school has been getting to her so she stayed in the Dinning Hall with sakura watching her while me and hina wandered around the school.

"yeah I'm fine hina just spacing out a bit" I said reassuringly

I suddenly felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I yelped at the sudden contact and looked down to see the tiny leader himself hugging my waist.

"aww" hina giggled "he's just hugging you makoto there's no need to act like a baby."

"I know I just didn't expect it" I said felling embarrassed "kokichi what are you doing here? Weren't you supposed to be with kaito?"

"well I was but then he left with shuichi and maki to go train and I'm bored! So can I hang out with you?" kokichi asked hopefully. If I didn't already know about his unpredictable personality I probably would have found that look endearing.

"sure kokichi you can stay with us, that ok with you hina"

"of course! "

"yay let's go!"

Me and hina searched the walls for an exit while kokichi hung upside down on the stare railing.

"kokichi you be careful not to fall ok" hina warned the boy.

"yes mom" kokichi said mockingly while hina rolled her eyes fondly.

"hey kokichi can I ask you something?" I asked.

"shoot" the young leader said pointing finger guns at me.

"why do you spend most of your time with our classmates?"

"ah so you want to know my plan" kokichi chuckled darkly before backfliping off the railway and landing perfectly on his feet. Wait a plan?

"why do you think I'm doing it?" he asked looking at me expectingly.

"oh that easy!" hina chipped in "your simply used to being around older kids"

"Well that's half true" kokichi said thoughtfully "everyone in my organisation is older than me so it is true that I'm used to being around older people but it's not the reason I'm doing it."

"then what is your reason" I questioned the small leader.

"Hmm well your dumb" he pointed to hina "and your boring" he pointed at me "so I guess I could tell you" he flashed me a menising grin "I'm looking for the mastermind in your class" my mouth hung open. He thinks the mastermind is one of us!?

"don't worry I don't think you two are the mastermind you're far too boring!" I never been more glad to be generic in my life! "but I have a couple of ideas wanna hear them?" I slowly nodded

"well first there's Byakuya and celese
since they adapted to the killing game so quickly and there always stirring things up. A possible way to get a murder started? And then there's taka who just like monokuma is very strict on the rules. Possible connection? And then there's sakura - "

" kokichi you can't possibly think sakuras the mastermind!? "hina said quick to defend her friend

"I don't, but she definitely hiding something"