Morning Work Out

Shuichi pov

Me kaito, maki and makoto were walking to the gym desperate to get a morning workout in. I know it sounds selfish but I was glad that none of my friends had died this time but I knew my luck wouldn't last so we need to find a way out as soon as possible.

"what's on your mind sidekick?" kaito said conserned. Trust kaito to know when I'm thinking too hard.

"oh nothing I just want to get out of here before another killing happens" I replied.

"we all want that but duelling on it isn't going to help anyone" maki said as level headed as ever.

"maki-rolls right sidekick! We gotta look on the bright side. I know what will help you a good long workout!" kaito swung the doors open to reveal we weren't the first one's here.

Mondo was holding a boxing bag and chihiro was punching it. Kokichi was there too but he was sitting on the floor hugging his knees. I felt worried for him.

"oh hey mondo, chihiro, kokichi I didn't know you guys would be here" mokoto said nervously.

"chihiro wanted a private lesson" mondo growled "so I suggest you four get the fu-"

"it's fine mondo I don't mind" chihiro said quickly.

"tch fine" the biker muttered. He turned back to chihiro, clearly not willing to talk to us any longer.

the four of us got started on our workout program which involved me, maki and makoto doing push-ups and sit-ups and kaito laying on the floor doing nothing. After a while kaito got up and walked over to kokichi.

"hey little buddy want to join in?" kaito asked. Kokichi shoke his head, hugging his knees tighter.

"not even a smart ass come back? Man what's up with you? I'd understand if mondo had been executed but he's standing right there! Everything's fine so why are you so moody?" I could tell kaito was only concerned for the lier but he was coming off as kinda rude and mondo didn't seem happy about it.

"hey basturd! You leave that kid alone!"

"sorry man I was just trying to cheer him up he's never like this" kaito protested. Mondos eyes softened.

"sorry, I've taken on the kids big brother role so I got to look out for him ya know. That why I dragged him down here. Can't have him alone in the state he's in" mondo explained.

Kokichi watched us quietly. Is this the real kokichi? The one hidden behind all the lies and deception?

"I understand. I fact I see makoto and shuichi as brothers too" kaito said slapping our backs

"oh really? And what about the girl? Is she your little sister" mondo teased.

"m-maki-roll? Well no she something more.. Special" kaito said blushing. Dear god I wish they just get together already!

TIME SKIP

kyokos pov

I was exploring the school as some new areas had been unlocked. I discovered the there's a swimming pool, a bath house and a sauna. I was hoping to find some clues about my missing memories but so far I've been unsuccessful.

Halfway through my investigation I saw kokichi dragging his feet behind mondo and chihiro. I was in the middle of investigating but my worry for the boy caused me to abandon it.

"mondo is kokichi ok?" I asked. The biker sighed.

"don't know. Kid hasn't spoken since last night."

I bent down to the boys level. "kokichi" no response. "look at me" I said firmly. He looked up at me. His eyes looked broken. I smiled reassuringly.

"I know your scared. You spent so long hiding behind lies and having someone figured you out is scary but it's going to be ok. We're all in this together."

"but that's what scares me" kokichi said his voice barely a whisper "anyone could die at any time. That's why I didn't get close to anyone in the last killing game. I didn't want to feel the pain of losing someone I care about. I made them all hate me and I felt nothing up until my death. Knowing that no one would miss me when I die hurt more than words can describe." he pulled his hair in panic.   "what's wrong with me? WHY AM I NEVER HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT I DO!?"

I pulled him into a hug and petted his hair to calm him down. Mondo got down on one knee and rubbed the boys back while chihiro looked at him worryingly

"shh it's ok there's nothing wrong with you everyone feels the same way. It's a tough situation we've been put in but you're going to be okay. You got alot of people who care about you and are definitely going to miss you if you die so you do your best to stay alive ok?"he looked up at me tearfully.

"thanks big sis"

"kyoko I wish you spent more time with me" I stubbled back at the sudden image. It was a boy who looked a bit like kokichi but his hair and eyes were a light purple like mine and his hair was tied back in a short ponytail. Why does this boy feel so familiar?

"big sis are you alright?" kokichi asked. I felt a stabbing pain as memories of that boy flooding my head. I forced a smile and patted his head

"I'm fine. You just remind me of someone."