The Loss Of A Brother

Shuichis pov

We all took our places at the stands once again. I had no idea how I was going to find kaitos killer but that won't stop me. I had to avenge kaito there's no way I'm going to let him die in vain. I'm going to find kaitos killer no matter what!

"so how do we go about this? Do we even know how he died?" ryoma asked.

"I bet someone sneeked into his room and stabbed him to death" hiro said confidently.

"that can't be it. There were no stab wounds" mokoto stated.

"plus if someone had snuck into the room and attacked him I would have heard it you dumbass." mondo said irritated.

"ok ok It was just a suggestion no need to be so mean!" well it was a pretty stupid suggestion!

"then maybe he took an overdose" chihiro suggestion.

"kaito would never end his own life" maki yelled. poor girl. I bet she wants to find kaitos killer just as much as I do if not more.

"it can't be that either chihiro" kyoko piped up "I searched the entire room and found no traces of drugs"

"so that's it? We have no way of telling how he died!" Leon said.

"actually I do have an idea of what could have killed him" I spoke up.

"really? What!" hina asked

"there was a bump at the back of his head leading me to believe that he died from a concussion."

"a concussion? Then can we be sure it was a murder? He could have just accidentally bumped his head" kiibo questioned.

"no it was definitely on purpose. That much is clear by the dried blood on the wall."

"so the killer bashed his head against the wall? How cruel" taka said tearfully.

"but if he died from a concussion then it was most likely an accidental killing" chihiro said turning pale.

"that's not the problem here. Can we even be sure that kaitos death and the blood stained wall is connected?" maki asked.

"huh?"

"don't you remember how kaito looked yesterday? He had a bloody nose but no head wound. If kaito really did have his head bashed against a wall then his head would have been bleeding."

"actually we have a piece of evidence that can explain that right kokichi?"

"huh? It's my turn now?" kokichi said pointing to himself.

"yep! Show them the evidence you found"

"ok I found this in the bin in the nurses office" kokichi pulled out the blood stained cloth.

"kaito probably used this cloth to clean his wound" i explained."I doubt he wanted anyone to worry about him."

"that does sound like something kaito would do" maki said softly.

"Well it's good that we found out kaitos cause of death but how do we go about finding the killer" sakura said. She's right! The concussion could have been caused by anyone! Wait!

"there is someone who could be the killer isn't that right mondo!" everyone gasped at my statement.

"what on earth are you talking about?" taka demanded.

"kaito left to calm mondo down and when he came back kaito was hurt. This leads me to believe that mondo and kaito got into a fight."

"but that doesn't mean that he killed him! You have no prove!" taka argued.

"actually we do" kyoko spoke up. "the body discovery announcement only played when shuichi, maki and mokoto saw the body."

"so?"

"mondo shared a room with kaito so the announcement so the announcement should have played when shuichi and maki entered the room." kyoko explained "the only reason I could think of is that mondo's the killer.

"but - no - it's"

"so my carelessness really got that kid killed" mondos gruff voice cut taka off. "damn it! Well monokuma the shows over cast the god damn verdict!"

"rightio!" monokuma said excitedly.

We reluctantly voted for mondo. This felt so wrong. Sure I found kaitos killer like I promised I would but mondo never meant to kill kaito. It was all a terrible accident. Why? This isn't what I wanted!

"if I knew he had a concussion I would have done more to help him"

*flashback *

"mondo wait up I know what we saw was messed up but you need to calm down! Takas really upset by the way your acting! So why don't we go back and -"

"shut up!" I turned around and punched him. He flew back into the wall. My eyes widen when I saw the bleeding head wound.

"shit you ok kid?"

"yeah Im fine" he tried to walk but he nearly fell.

"hold on kid I'll take you to the nurses office"

"thanks oh and mondo don't tell anyone about this. I don't want to worry my sidekick!"

*end of flashback*

Taka grabbed mondo by the shoulders and shook him hard. "why? Why did you lose yourself like that? Why couldn't you just tell us what you saw?"

"because I killed my brother" mondo whispered.

"what!?"

Then he went on to explain the accident that killed his brother. Mondo had been carrying this burden for years and monokuma used it against him. Damn it!

"please mondo I don't want you to go!" taka sobbed. Mondo pulled the smaller boy into a hug.

"I'm sorry bro but I have to I've got no other choice. Do you think you can do one last thing for me?"

"yes I'll do anything!"

He pointed towards chihiro and kokichi "I want you to keep them safe for me. You have to be the big brother now." chihiro teared up and hugged him. Even kokichi hugged the boy. He looked over at Leon and chuckled.

"do I get a final goodbye Leon?" he asked.

"of course you do you stupid son of a bitch!" Leon yelled burying his head into the bikers shoulder.

"awwww such a pure and sweet friendship to bad I gotta break it up!" monokuma interrupted.

"no please don't take him away from me not yet!" taka begged

"let's give it everything we got! It's punishment Time!"

"noooooooo!"

Kyokos pov

I walked back to my room feeling sick from the recent class trail. The whole ordeal was so unfair but since when has anything ever been fair here? I planned to go sleep off my uneasiness when I saw kokichi staring out a blocked off window. I decided to approach him.

"kokichi I know you were close to mondo would you like to talk about it" I asked.

"not just mondo" kokichi said softly "kaito too. He may have been a idiot but he had a heart of gold. Ever since we got here he's been nothing but kind to me and yet he had to die in such a unfair way. I'm sick of all this I want to go home!"

his eyes brimmed slightly with tears before he rubbed them away angrily. I petted his head gently.

"there's no shame in crying kokichi. It's a healthy way to vent." the boy nodded.

"Big sis?"

"yeah?"

"chihiro really upset. I know it sounds selfish but I don't want to go back to our room when he's like this" I nodded understandingly. He's bearly able to handle his own emotions never mind others.

"would you like to spend the night in my room?" I asked.

"yeah" he said quietly. I smiled and gently led him to my room.